This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Compared to last gen, the pokemon in 6th gen have terrible stats

#11Mewtwo_soulPosted 10/17/2013 5:36:42 PM
Aysander posted...
Am I the only one hoping some specific gen 5 pokes got stat redistributions? XD

They need to allow defensive players to have some fun, man :/ it's like...no matter how defensive an ice type, or a rock type is "lolbulletpunch!" the only response to trying to use them xD

I'm expecting stat redux/reprises in next gen.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#12AysanderPosted 10/17/2013 5:38:11 PM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Aysander posted...

They need to allow defensive players to have some fun, man :/ it's like...no matter how defensive an ice type, or a rock type is "lolbulletpunch!" the only response to trying to use them xD

I hope so. The butterfree rumor has me hoping. Heck, I wouldn't even mind them changing the stats in the sequel/third game...I want my medicham to be tanky, not speed oriented :/
---
3DSxl FC: 3411-1479-0080
#13lil_bandit18Posted 10/17/2013 5:38:54 PM
Gotta agree TC. Competitively there's not many pokemon that can hold their own. Pretty disappointing compared to last gen. They didn't need to make the pokemon stronger this time around, just give us options.
---
http://i.minus.com/ibretnyYi6T07m.gif
#14MetaDeDeDePosted 10/17/2013 5:39:27 PM
Jagus posted...
Doctor_Spanky posted...
I don't think they're all garbage, but they're not the absolute monsters of last gen. With all the nerfs in gen VI it seems like game freak is trying to undo the power creep

What "monsters" did gen 6 bring exactly, that weren't legendary? I can only think of like 3.
There are also only like 3 viable OU Pokes this gen too.

Goodra's 90/70/150 bulk not only making her an inverse of Skarmory stat wise but with Hydration in rain she has a reliable healing move in Rest which restore all of her health with Hydration acting like a Chesto berry in rain.

And when the rain ends, Politoed will start it all over again all for her to wall special attack to death...in OU at least
---
The Official Serena's Sylveon of the Pokemon X board.
#15Mewtwo_soulPosted 10/17/2013 5:39:33 PM
Aysander posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Aysander posted...

I hope so. The butterfree rumor has me hoping. Heck, I wouldn't even mind them changing the stats in the sequel/third game...I want my medicham to be tanky, not speed oriented :/

That 540 BST rumour was false. There have been improvements to the stats though, such as Butterfree going up to 90 SPATK. However, they probably just did small filler. It's quite clear this gen in adding all these mechanics/etc. they didn't get enough time to add everything they wanted. Who knows what Z will hold. (Though I doubt it will hold stat redux/improvements)
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.