This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Competitive Support Meowstic Build

#1Maniacaly_SanePosted 10/17/2013 6:49:51 PM
Probably not OU material, but i play UU anyways so thats more what im thinking hed be stuck in.

Calm (up Sdf, down Atk) Meowstic @ light clay (is this confirmed to exist?)
-Reflect
-Light screen
-Psyshock / Psychic
-Thunder wave/Thunderbolt (if he can get Will-o-Wisp i would say put that here instead, but then any dark types with pursuit would be waaaay too happy)

252 hp
252 def
6 sdf

Could also change the spread to 252 sdf, 6 def if you want a dedicated special tank.
Whats holding this guy back? Low hp (hopefully halving ALL DAMAGE can help alleviate this) and just enough of a lack of speed to go after Whimsicott, who with taunt + U-turn is a hard counter

What does this guy do? Sets up dual walls for 8 turns, and all sorts of mons could abuse that (methinks Mega-Mawile would really like some extra survivability...)
His real prowess is the fact the walls have priority, meaning his bulkiness is in full force right off the bat. While his days are numbered due to no leftovers, being able to set up dual walls once or twice in a match (maybe even thrice!) could swing things quickly.
He could also pass around paralysis like candy, if you feel brave and enjoy hating dark types.

Im sure as more of his moveset is revealed well see more opportunities for Meowstic to support-troll, but this is my preliminary build. Thoughts?
---
"the point of war is not to die for your country, on the contrary, it's to make the other poor bastard die for his" -General George S. Patton
#2Maniacaly_Sane(Topic Creator)Posted 10/17/2013 7:02:13 PM
bump for support meowstic support
---
"the point of war is not to die for your country, on the contrary, it's to make the other poor bastard die for his" -General George S. Patton
#3Dante2049Posted 10/17/2013 7:04:00 PM
what 2 abilities does meowstic have? i love its design but heard male and female have different roles. also is its stat spread and move pool good?
---
"It is the same for anyone As long as you are dreaming, the dream will never reveal itself to you."-Zinzolin
#4Maniacaly_Sane(Topic Creator)Posted 10/17/2013 7:10:55 PM
Infilltrator/Keen eye are the two normal abilities for male and female, where they differentiate is the hidden

male: Prankster (this build assumes youre using this)

female: Competitive

as far as movelists go, i dont think a complete one exists yet. The male gets more support oriented moves (reflect, role play, etc) and the female gets sp att moves (signal beam, psychic, etc.)
---
#5Dante2049Posted 10/17/2013 7:12:35 PM
Maniacaly_Sane posted...
Infilltrator/Keen eye are the two normal abilities for male and female, where they differentiate is the hidden

male: Prankster (this build assumes youre using this)

female: Competitive

as far as movelists go, i dont think a complete one exists yet. The male gets more support oriented moves (reflect, role play, etc) and the female gets sp att moves (signal beam, psychic, etc.)

seems the female is the way for me to go then. so stat spread, is it solid?
---
"It is the same for anyone As long as you are dreaming, the dream will never reveal itself to you."-Zinzolin
#6FoxFluffPosted 10/17/2013 7:14:11 PM
As far as Light Clay goes; yes, Golurk's pre-evo can be holding one. :)
---
boop
#7Maniacaly_Sane(Topic Creator)Posted 10/17/2013 7:17:30 PM
Exact numbers arent published, but general guesses...

HP: ~80
Atk: bad, i dun remember but bad.
Satk: ~100
Def: ~80
Sdf: ~100
Spd: ~110

So its a usable special sweeper with decent bulk, will survive a random hit here and there you didnt expect it to. Its also quite speedy, and with its diverse movepool expect lots of coverage.
---
#8Dante2049Posted 10/17/2013 7:18:46 PM
Maniacaly_Sane posted...

So its a usable special sweeper with decent bulk, will survive a random hit here and there you didnt expect it to. Its also quite speedy, and with its diverse movepool expect lots of coverage.

WOW! im going to breed a modest/timid now! delphox may not be in my team long :p
---
#9Maniacaly_Sane(Topic Creator)Posted 10/17/2013 7:19:24 PM
FoxFluff posted...
As far as Light Clay goes; yes, Golurk's pre-evo can be holding one. :)

You just made my day. Now i just gotta hear it can learn WoW and my week is made.
---
#10WinsagePosted 10/17/2013 7:20:23 PM
Maniacaly_Sane posted...

Serebii actually has numbers up, and unfortunately they're not exactly stellar. I think male Meowstic has a lot of potential in double battles, but the female one is outclassed in competitive.
---
NNid: Windsage