This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do stats reset if you withdraw a pokemon?

#1lufia22Posted 10/17/2013 11:31:27 PM
Such as attack up/def down/etc?
---
nununu
#2ZswordmasterPosted 10/17/2013 11:34:09 PM
Yes,

Unless you withdraw them with Baton Pass, which will give that Attack up/Down/what have you to the pokemon you switch to.

This is useful to know if your opponent buffs to much, using a move like Roar or Whirlwind to force them to switch gets rid of all of it.
---
I'm not being rude, you're just insignificant.
*Certified Gifted and talented, thinking on a higher level than 99% of people my age.
#3desaigamonPosted 10/17/2013 11:35:08 PM(edited)
Stat changes caused by moves and abilities will wear off if you switch out the Pokemon, unless you used Baton Pass to do the switch. In that case, the stat changes will pass on to the Pokemon that switches in.
EDIT:Greninja'd!
---
3DS FC: 4012 3979 5838
Now Playing: SMT IV, Animal Crossing New Leaf
#4lufia22(Topic Creator)Posted 10/17/2013 11:37:22 PM
Alright, thanks.

I play Pokemon casually, and I always forget the specific mechanics by the time a new one comes out.
---
nununu
#5ZswordmasterPosted 10/17/2013 11:39:39 PM
desaigamon posted...
Stat changes caused by moves and abilities will wear off if you switch out the Pokemon, unless you used Baton Pass to do the switch. In that case, the stat changes will pass on to the Pokemon that switches in.
EDIT:Greninja'd!

*puts on Squirtle grade 'Deal With it' Sunglasses*

Anyway, yeah. Haze and White Smoke, I think they're called, also get rid of stat changes... Psych Up copies your opponents... and there are some abilities that effect how stat changes work. (The distinct ones that come to mind are Simple and Contrary I think, but I don't know which does what.)
---
I'm not being rude, you're just insignificant.
*Certified Gifted and talented, thinking on a higher level than 99% of people my age.