This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Poke-Radar Shiny Hunting

#1BestJinxNAPosted 10/18/2013 4:59:55 AM
Gonna need some help here. How do I know which pokemon will come from what shaking bush? Is it just random? Also, sometimes the shaking bushes just end and ruin my chain, can't figure out why.
#2Gameandwatch2Posted 10/18/2013 5:02:29 AM
It's random as to what Pokemon you get, but aim for bushes that are five to six squares away from you to maximize your chance of continuing the chain.

Also, stay away from the edge of the grass, as the chain can also end abruptly if you step on a grass patch there.
---
Black 2 FC: 3654-8394-0937
#3zinformantPosted 10/18/2013 5:05:03 AM
The following information is based on the Sinnoh games, but I haven't found anything outright contradictory yet. The Pokeradar was a passing mention, so I think they just lifted the concept and planted it here with some changes, like removal of flashing patches.

The purpose of chaining is to find more of whatever you began the chain with. They won't make it easy, though. There are other Pokemon in the patch. You continue the chain by finding more of the Pokemon you started with. You want to reset the radar and see a like patch* in the box surrounding you four squares away. That should often times be the Pokemon you want. If it isn't, just reset. Chaining is a slow process but yields nice rewards.

The patches all look the same, but there are subtle shaking differences between them. If you don't want to bother learning that, then stick closely to the four box rule and hope for a good chain. Expect it to break often.

*you can usually get away with messing this up if the Pokemon is Starly or Bidoof-level common
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
No news now-
#4BestJinxNA(Topic Creator)Posted 10/18/2013 5:17:16 AM
So how about this, on my 5th chain just now it only gave me one shaking bush. Only one, and it ended up being a different pokemon?
#5zinformantPosted 10/18/2013 5:19:32 AM
That means the other patches were off the patch of grass. If you're new to this, you need to be in a large patch. As a tip, this game doesn't have many. A good example would probably be Valor Lakefront in Sinnoh. Something like that...most patches in this game are Route 202-bad. It's do-able, but it means more resets. Again, patches closer to you are no good. In fact,t hey even now made patches close to you with no Pokemon in them at all!
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
No news now-