This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Guide to breeding pokemon with Perfect or near-Perfect IVs

#191ShadeofIcarusPosted 10/20/2013 11:18:16 PM
Wouldn't it be easier to have one hold the destiny knot and the other hold a power item? That would allow perfect IVs every time and you only have to breed for Nature(1/25).
#192dmaster342Posted 10/20/2013 11:34:10 PM
ShadeofIcarus posted...
Wouldn't it be easier to have one hold the destiny knot and the other hold a power item? That would allow perfect IVs every time and you only have to breed for Nature(1/25).

Maybe...but Nature is usually the hardest part. That is if 1/25 is better than my current odds which I'm thinking might be if they're 1/200 even though I'm not going for perfect IVs (only going for specific 5).
---
3DS FC: 3523-2057-7150 PM me if you added me!
#193koggxPosted 10/20/2013 11:45:02 PM
tried a bit of breeding tonight as a friend wanted an Eevee with perfect Sp.attack and Speed and Desntiny Knot is a life saver i started using it almost right away as first egg i hatched from a non safari eevee had one perfect IV and was timid thanks to my Everstone Ditto

so i had been chain breeding with a 3 IV Ditto and a 1 IV Eevee and managed to come up with a 4IV Eevee though the funny thing is the one place my friend really wanted the IVs this one doesn't have them lol he will be happy enough with some of the others though as all he wanted was SP.attack and Speed maxed and im giving him that along with HP in the 25 range ill have to try for perfect Eevee later but not bad for four hours work
---
www.freewebs.com/kingofgamesgx
#194WastedweekPosted 10/21/2013 3:07:28 AM
I'm in the process of breeding some ferrothorns. I've just hatched one with 3 perfect IV's and I'm about to breed it with a ditto which has another 3 perfect IV's.

My question is in regards to egg moves, at some point I need to breed in stealth rock/spikes/leech seed. How do I go about this whilst retaining the 4/5 perfect IV's? As far as I'm aware I'll have to breed these moves in from 3 separate pokemon, then somehow breed that pokemon with a female ferrothorn which has the 4 perfect IV's. Is that correct? Is this even possible?
---
3DS FC: 1521-3509-0539. If you add me PM me. Thanks.
Steel Type safari: Ferroseed, Forretress, Bronzong.
#195Terotrous(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2013 5:38:09 AM
ShadeofIcarus posted...

No it wouldn't. The Power Item counts as one of the X number of stats that you pass down.

If you're holding a power item and no destiny knot, you pass down that IV and two more.
If you're holding a power item and the destiny knot, you pass down that IV and four more.

Someone did say however that if BOTH parents hold Destiny Knot, you might be able to pass down all 6. You're welcome to try that out and see if it works.

Wastedweek posted...
My question is in regards to egg moves, at some point I need to breed in stealth rock/spikes/leech seed. How do I go about this whilst retaining the 4/5 perfect IV's? As far as I'm aware I'll have to breed these moves in from 3 separate pokemon, then somehow breed that pokemon with a female ferrothorn which has the 4 perfect IV's. Is that correct? Is this even possible?

Find compatible pokemon who learn those moves and get a male version of that pokemon that knows them to breed with a female of the species you want.

In past gens, you'd have to get all of the moves onto one pokemon via chain breeding (and as such getting a specific combination of egg moves is not always possible), but since females can pass down egg moves now this may no longer be necessary.

You can really do this at any stage. If you have a female pokemon with 5 perfect IVs holding the everstone and a male pokemon of a different species with zero perfect IVs and the Destiny Knot, you'll hatch a pokemon with some (5 is unlikely) perfect IVs and the required moves. Replace the male of a different species with this one and continue. Alternatively you can do this at the very beginning.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Rampart"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#196Terotrous(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2013 5:50:41 AM
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions:

Understanding the IV Checker in Kiloude City:

The IV checker gives you a lot of information and it can be tricky to decode it all. Fundamentally, what he tells you is broken into 4 parts:

First, he tells you roughly how good the total of all of your Pokemon's IVs are. This is not particularly useful as usually we care about individual IVs.

Next, he tells you what your highest IV is. If there is a tie, he just lists the first one.

Next, he tells you any other IVs that are tied with that one. Regardless of whether he says "good", "also good", or whatever else, all of these stats are EQUAL to the first one. If you have no stats that are tied with your best stat this part is skipped altogether.

Then he tells you how high those stats are. If they're 31, he says "stats like that can't be beat". If they're 30, he says "those stats are amazing".

So if he says something like:

"I'd say it has relatively superior potential overall
It's best stat is HP
It's Attack is good too
Stats like that can't be beat".
(this wording might not be totally exact)

That means this pokemon has 31 in HP and Attack (and nothing else).

He does not tell you anything about your other stats. You have to use an IV calculator if you want to know what they are. Here's one you can use that has the 6th gen pokemon in it:

http://www.metalkid.info/Pokemon/Calculators/IV.aspx

How to catch a lot of Dittos

Dittos can be annoying to catch if you let them transform into something strong. Get the most useless pokemon you can find (Probably a magikarp, you can fish for them on Route 3), then give it the item "Smoke Ball" from the lost hotel and put it at the head of your party. Run from anything that isn't a Ditto (unless you see something you really want, anyway), the Smoke Ball will guarantee that you get away. When you encounter a Ditto, use Splash and let it transform into Magikarp, then bring in a false swiper and enjoy hassle-free catching.

I can't get 5 perfect IVs!

Once you get to this point, the odds of getting many perfect IVs and the correct nature start to become fairly bad. If you think it'll help, you can try replacing the everstone for a Power Item on one of the stats your parents don't share. This will help you get a pokemon with 5 perfect IVs, but it likely won't have the right nature, you'll have to breed it with the other 4 perfect pokemon again, this time using the everstone.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Rampart"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#197megaxleoxPosted 10/21/2013 8:27:06 AM
It's perfectly fine if I want to breed with only the IV's they need?
I'm planning my team Gardevoir-Greninja-Charizard-Jolteon-Scizor-Tyranitar.

Ther first four need Sp.Atk and Speed and the last two Atk and HP.

Breeding for 5 perfect IV's is too time consuming and kinda ruins the fun of the game for me, unlike breeding for an specific IV with power items.
---
3DS FC: 3969-4803-6478
Games: MH3U - ACNL - PKMN Y
#198lsq86Posted 10/21/2013 8:34:47 AM
Could someone help me .... Are there any dittos with SPEEED iv I'm having trouble getting any....
---
FC 4098 3510 5673
Lauro Currently Playing: Pokemon Y
#199DunnoBroPosted 10/21/2013 8:56:35 AM
I really don't think getting 6 from 5s is 1/200. I've gotten about 4 6 ivs that way and it only took 20-50 eggs.
---
>Implying I don't actually know
3DS FC: 3308 4781 6052
#200seth_angelus369Posted 10/21/2013 10:12:17 AM
I need me some Friend Safari Dittos. But that also means I need friend codes. Anyone okay with me to add them to my friends list on my 3DS for this purpose? I'll also put up my own FC when I get round to looking at it.
---
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb246/senrinbukishi/Artwork/313UKBoard.png
Official Rhyperior of the Pokemon X/Y Boards.