This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Enemy Pokemon taking damage in weird ways...

#11darkshadowspawnPosted 10/18/2013 8:49:21 AM
Sticky_Derp posted...
op is saying that the damage moves do is changing
i.e. [random attack names, not specific] he uses Tackle, then Pound, then Tackle
and tackle does more damage the second time

am i right, tc?

either you're using stat altering moves or leveling up or critting or just imagining things

If your example is correct (and that's what I was getting from the first post), it could also be because the damage calculation has a random component in it. That way, you're doing a range of damage instead of a flat amount.
---
My great weakness is the love I have for the fair sex, and pretty much all my trouble comes from or can be traced to that charming source.
- Myles Keogh
#12WinsagePosted 10/18/2013 8:52:16 AM
There is a small random component in damage, I believe. But it really only makes a difference when you're hitting for large amounts of damage, so I think it's more likely that TC is seeing an illusion, which is easy to do when you can't see any markers on the enemy bar.
---
NNid: Windsage
#13MoonLightCloudPosted 10/18/2013 8:54:08 AM
TC, share some of that stuff you're smoking.
---
One of my best friends has a viral video, check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrasQOojFyo
#14codya30(Topic Creator)Posted 10/18/2013 9:29:38 AM
Sticky_Derp posted...
op is saying that the damage moves do is changing
i.e. [random attack names, not specific] he uses Tackle, then Pound, then Tackle
and tackle does more damage the second time

That's right. And it is larger amounts for sure. It goes from an 1/10 of a bar, then 1/5, then 1/4. It increases each time. If I use the same move three times, it does the same damage each time. It's odd.
---
huzzah the poobah! oranges are oranges and nut cakes aren't fruit cakes...
GT: TurqoiseSage3 & 3DS: 0817 4127 2973