This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So.. the final vestige of pokegen will be..

#1dragonite241992Posted 10/18/2013 8:31:10 AM
sending perfect ditto's over? I own a traded one at the moment. I tried some pokegen myself last year, but quickly began to feel very upset about reducing pokemon to hacking and numbers. It depends a bit on the transporters security measures. If somehow the legit hacks seep through, well.. that would be quite.. I can't even grasp the very idea.

And even if nintendo manages to catch every/most hacks by some genius programming, eventually you can replace ditto's by perfect IV breeds from the same egg groups over time, which will spread over wifi pretty quickly since breeding a lot of them is a piece of cake. I'm so glad that finally the era of numberwrestling is over. ^_^
---
White 2 FC: 1120 8156 5034
#2Master_BassPosted 10/18/2013 8:33:10 AM
The "legitimate hacks" will seep through. There's nothing different about them code-wise.
---
Many Bothans died to bring you this post.
#3FuneralCakePosted 10/18/2013 8:35:06 AM
There's no such thing as a "legitimate hack." That's an oxymoron.

Legal hacks... Yes, that is a thing.

With the Destiny Knot IV breeding trick now, though, we really won't even need to hack things very often.
---
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
shut up before i make you shut up
#4kaiser ryuPosted 10/18/2013 8:35:52 AM
You know, I would just be giddy as hell if Nintendo just decided that 4+ max EVs was an auto block.
---
The Tales of series needs more love in America.
Won't change sig until Namco gets wise. Started: 9/8/06 : 3DS FC 0189-8575-3761
#5The_Sol_BladerPosted 10/18/2013 8:36:20 AM
With the Destiny Knot IV breeding trick now, though, we really won't even need to hack things very often.

I keep hearing about the Destiny Knot when breeding, what did I miss?
---
R - Official Matador of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board - Rose_Mage's loving husband
#6Tequila_ShotPosted 10/18/2013 8:37:29 AM
FuneralCake posted...
There's no such thing as a "legitimate hack." That's an oxymoron.

Legal hacks... Yes, that is a thing.

If the game's coding can't tell the difference, then who is some random nobody on the internet to claim otherwise?
---
If you're a gamer, share these with everyone you know:
http://youtu.be/jHmDjNCZR3k - http://youtu.be/2G_f8YBy39M - http://youtu.be/6bvX4hzqcqc
#7FuneralCakePosted 10/18/2013 8:40:04 AM(edited)
Basically, if you attach a Destiny Knot to one of the parents when breeding, the parents can pass down five IVs instead of three. So it makes breeding much, much easier if you have good parents.

Tequila_Shot posted...
If the game's coding can't tell the difference, then who is some random nobody on the internet to claim otherwise?

If the game can't tell and the creator of the hack doesn't fess up to it, then sure, nobody has to know. Nobody likely will know, and nobody likely will care.

That still doesn't mean that it's possible to create a "legit hack." Like I said, that's an oxymoron. It can't happen. Hacking, by definition, is not legitimate.
---
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
shut up before i make you shut up
#8Dark Young LinkPosted 10/18/2013 8:38:13 AM
kaiser ryu posted...
You know, I would just be giddy as hell if Nintendo just decided that 4+ max EVs was an auto block.

Well yeah, you can't max out four Evs without blatantly hacking.
---
I'm not at liberty to discuss things involving random users I've never heard of. Sorry . :) - Allen's wife, speaking about Luster
3DS FC : 3926-5549-8616
#9GreatHammurabiPosted 10/18/2013 8:39:26 AM
The_Sol_Blader posted...

Holding a Destiny Knot guarantees that parent will pass 5 of its IVs to the egg, instead of a brace guaranteeing only one.
---
3DS Friend Code: 5284 - 1400 - 8692
#10CalciferJenkinsPosted 10/18/2013 8:41:02 AM
GreatHammurabi posted...
The_Sol_Blader posted...

Holding a Destiny Knot guarantees that parent will pass 5 of its IVs to the egg, instead of a brace guaranteeing only one.

Not exactly. It guarantees that 5 IVs will be passed down from both parents. Not 5 each, or from a specific parent, just 5 overall, I think.
---
Thank you, gentlemen! Someday, I will repay you. Unless, of course, I can't find you or if I forget.