This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So.. the final vestige of pokegen will be..

#11dragonite241992(Topic Creator)Posted 10/18/2013 8:41:11 AM
Guess I will be using that ditto then, at least until I have enough strong genes to do everything with my own pokemon. What was unethical about it is now pretty much void because everybody with a hint of skill will be running 5 pefect IV+1 good IV pokemon before long, plus the knot causes a chain reaction once you have bred prefect mons.

I'm quite happy the debate about hacking will die down over time as well(aside from hidden power, but I think using the power items can help with that once people figure out how to cleverly combine them in chains). I thought that if GF was generous they would allows slow raising of IVs in a way, but now we can just bulldoze through all the IV hoops. I didn't dislike hacking, but I also understand people insist of doing it legit. Now it will barely matter anymore, especially when new games come out with tutor moves and the like.
---
White 2 FC: 1120 8156 5034
#12The_Sol_BladerPosted 10/18/2013 8:41:12 AM
That's amazing. Thanks
---
R - Official Matador of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board - Rose_Mage's loving husband
#13Tygore001Posted 10/18/2013 8:43:01 AM
GreatHammurabi posted...
The_Sol_Blader posted...
With the Destiny Knot IV breeding trick now, though, we really won't even need to hack things very often.

I keep hearing about the Destiny Knot when breeding, what did I miss?

Holding a Destiny Knot guarantees that parent will pass 5 of its IVs to the egg, instead of a brace guaranteeing only one.

Not exactly. Destiny Knot causes the parents combined to pass 5 IVs to the child instead of 3. It's a little bit of work, but getting a Pokémon with 5 perfect IVs is actually a reasonable endeavor this time around. And since most Pokémon don't utilize both offensive stats, you only need 5 to be perfect.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3010 5906 4214
3DS FC: 4511-0471-8035
#14MogKnightAzurePosted 10/18/2013 8:46:20 AM
Tygore001 posted...
GreatHammurabi posted...
The_Sol_Blader posted...
With the Destiny Knot IV breeding trick now, though, we really won't even need to hack things very often.

I keep hearing about the Destiny Knot when breeding, what did I miss?

Holding a Destiny Knot guarantees that parent will pass 5 of its IVs to the egg, instead of a brace guaranteeing only one.

Not exactly. Destiny Knot causes the parents combined to pass 5 IVs to the child instead of 3. It's a little bit of work, but getting a Pokémon with 5 perfect IVs is actually a reasonable endeavor this time around. And since most Pokémon don't utilize both offensive stats, you only need 5 to be perfect.

The Destiny Knot thing is only a part of what has made perfect IVs so accessible. The Friend Safari is just about the best damn thing to happen to the game, you can catch a vast majority of evolutionary lines in it, and pokemon caught here will also have 2-3 perfect IVs. Pair it with a perfect IV Ditto and your offspring is basically going to come out perfect
#15kaiser ryuPosted 10/18/2013 8:51:23 AM
Dark Young Link posted...
kaiser ryu posted...
You know, I would just be giddy as hell if Nintendo just decided that 4+ max EVs was an auto block.

Well yeah, you can't max out four Evs without blatantly hacking.

I never meant to imply that at all.

I meant exactly what I said. No subtext. I would find it funny if Gamefreak's solution to undetectable hacked mons was just a broad stroke wall for Pokemon deemed too good.
---
The Tales of series needs more love in America.
Won't change sig until Namco gets wise. Started: 9/8/06 : 3DS FC 0189-8575-3761
#16dragonite241992(Topic Creator)Posted 10/18/2013 8:55:16 AM
That wouldn't work, because such pokemon do also exist in the wild legally. Which is the source of the whole legal hacks debate to begin with. With tensions escalating like this on the internet, GF basically threw in the towel and broke the system down using the knot and safari.

Pretty funny how the IV system managed to remain fully intact with earlier gens, people were raging about it for the past week or so, and two simple steps fixed everything.
---
White 2 FC: 1120 8156 5034
#17PokeFan2011Posted 10/18/2013 8:58:12 AM
kaiser ryu posted...
kaiser ryu posted...
You know, I would just be giddy as hell if Nintendo just decided that 4+ max EVs was an auto block.

I meant exactly what I said. No subtext. I would find it funny if Gamefreak's solution to undetectable hacked mons was just a broad stroke wall for Pokemon deemed too good.

But 4 maxed EV stats would be a detectable hack. You can only max 2 stats with EVs, more than that is impossible without hacking.
---
3DS FC: 1848 1764 3422
AC:NL Dream Address: 4700-2152-1851, Eileen from Koholint
#18MogKnightAzurePosted 10/18/2013 9:04:22 AM
kaiser ryu posted...
kaiser ryu posted...

Wow. lol. Brilliant solution. You deserve a reward.
#19MetalShadow438Posted 10/18/2013 10:51:06 AM
I'm gonna assume Kaiser ryu meant to say IV rather than EV
---
http://i.imgur.com/piMWR.gif
3DS FC: 3652 1490 4347
#20lavos24551hPosted 10/18/2013 11:02:06 AM
i still cant beleive how many people are so brainwashed and think of us legal/legit (whatever word you prefer to use) hackers/cheaters are some kind of detriment

iwth the blockss Nintendo put in place in gen 5, thaat was the end of the era of a-holes with 999-stat pokemon, cus then if your pokemon you try to take on wifi or i think even local wireless, dont meet legal stat/move/ability criteria it simply kicks you out till you have a fully legal team of pokemon

to hackers/cheaters like me these blocks by nintendo were a blessing, cus then i was free to do what id always did with hacking and cheating: not harming anyone else or ruining their fun by getting some absolute advantage they couldnt hope to replicate by naturally playing the game

thats also why i loved pokegen, i could make all the legal pokemon i wanted that were no diifferent from ones people took the time/effort to train up, for me it was more a way to cut the long time it took to do such things cus some of us have busy lives and cant afford to play that much everyday so otherwise wed never make much progresss or probly be able to do competitive wifi battling

while i cant use pokegen in gen 6 and cant transfer my gen 5 pokegen'dd stuff just yet for a few reasons, im not unhappy about gen 6, it did do many things right including Super Training which is not only a great way to get otherwise rare or expensive items via the 2 sets of Secret Training Regimens, but its also a massive time cut on EV training the old way of fighting pokemon 1 by 1

i just hope in time the bad-image created by those a-hole hackers/cheaters that used the 999-all-stat-wonderguard pokemon will be erased, cus they give cheaters/hackers like me a bad name as people likee me dont cheat in ways that truly influence anyone, and if you think it influences anyone then im sorry your just butthurt and refuse to let go of the mistakes of the past from other people
---
PSN ID: Lavos2009 - Metroid Prime Hunters FC: 1765 51154 9720