This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dowsing Machine not showing on bottom screen

#1SorbzPosted 10/18/2013 10:25:05 AM
I have the dowsing machine, I've had it for a while now. And every time I turn it on, it doesn't do anything. No screens change, no green lights appear, nothing. What am I doing wrong?
---
Shnippie's eyes closed somewhere high above the Great Sea. He was selected for a purpose. One devoid of tasty baked goods... - Mooninomics RP Thread for my DK
#2RPG_ApostlePosted 10/18/2013 10:25:39 AM
It's not on the bottom.

You hold it in your hand and lasers shoot out if there's something nearby.
---
I miss Mega Man.
#3The_Sol_BladerPosted 10/18/2013 10:26:07 AM
You do know your character is holding it in it's hands right...?
---
R - Official Matador of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board - Rose_Mage's loving husband
#4Sorbz(Topic Creator)Posted 10/18/2013 10:26:55 AM
He's holding it, but it doesn't do anything. Isn't there meant to be a display with a red light or something?
---
Shnippie's eyes closed somewhere high above the Great Sea. He was selected for a purpose. One devoid of tasty baked goods... - Mooninomics RP Thread for my DK
#5Adam_AcePosted 10/18/2013 10:27:36 AM
It's just as terrible as it sounds. Your character holds these 2 tiny magnetic rods in his hands and runs around until you see a Green or Red laser right in front of him.
#6DeimirPosted 10/18/2013 10:28:53 AM
If you go back to the beach where you first got it, then run around a bit you should see it light up. There was three or four items there, good place to learn how it works.
---
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f2b_1371011276
#7RPG_ApostlePosted 10/18/2013 10:29:12 AM
Sorbz posted...
He's holding it, but it doesn't do anything. Isn't there meant to be a display with a red light or something?

If there's no hidden items around, nothing happens.

Lights only happen when there's a hidden item somewhere.
---
I miss Mega Man.
#8Sorbz(Topic Creator)Posted 10/18/2013 10:29:17 AM
Hmm, I'll try keeping it out for a while and see if anything happens. Probably user error. I just assumed it would have the bottom screen like the old ones.
---
#9HylianPaladinPosted 10/18/2013 10:30:00 AM
Little light beams shoot out of it and it makes noise when you are near something.
It changes from white to green to yellow to red with an X pattern when you're getting closest to it.
It looks like he/she is holding two little guns on the TOP screen.

No bottom screen business with the dowsing machine.
---
3DS FC: Jen 2380-2574-5132