This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Vivillon color question

#1KyuseiPosted 10/19/2013 4:17:02 AM
So from what I understand, the color of my Vivillon depends on where I live in the world. But say if I change my DS profile so it says I'm from Japan, would I get their color of Vivillon. Or am I forced to get lucky with Wonder Trades/Friend Safari/Regular Trade?
#2jimmyjones69Posted 10/19/2013 4:18:15 AM
I'm not really sure but it seems like so much trouble just to change the colour of a single Pokemon.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3437-4053-9330
#3PokeMin111Posted 10/19/2013 4:19:49 AM
could always GTS and ask for foreign

I'm sure theres japan people that want your kind of vivi
---
3DS/PKMN X friend code: 4871 4409 5604
feel free to inbox me for friend safari exchange
#4Kyusei(Topic Creator)Posted 10/19/2013 4:20:08 AM
Haha, too much trouble? What kind of lazy world do you live in? :P I think it's pretty easy, and since the Vivillon is available in so many different colors I think it would be worth it.

My Norweigen friend changes his DS (and Wii U for that matter) to UK when he's about to shop on the E-shop cause the prices are cheaper. I wouldn't call any of it "too much trouble" tbh
#5Kyusei(Topic Creator)Posted 10/19/2013 4:20:49 AM
PokeMin111 posted...
could always GTS and ask for foreign

I'm sure theres japan people that want your kind of vivi

Im gonna try the GTS as soon as I get home from work !
#6MoonLightCloudPosted 10/19/2013 4:21:25 AM
Kyusei posted...
So from what I understand, the color of my Vivillon depends on where I live in the world. But say if I change my DS profile so it says I'm from Japan, would I get their color of Vivillon. Or am I forced to get lucky with Wonder Trades/Friend Safari/Regular Trade?

I don't have the game to confirm, but from what I read it's the region that your 3DS is set to when you create your save file that counts, changing it after the save is created apparently has no effect.
---
One of my best friends has a viral video, check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrasQOojFyo
#7jimmyjones69Posted 10/19/2013 4:23:04 AM
Kyusei posted...
Haha, too much trouble? What kind of lazy world do you live in? :P I think it's pretty easy, and since the Vivillon is available in so many different colors I think it would be worth it.

My Norweigen friend changes his DS (and Wii U for that matter) to UK when he's about to shop on the E-shop cause the prices are cheaper. I wouldn't call any of it "too much trouble" tbh

To each his own :P. I hate messing around with stuff like that on my systems however I've been tempted to do it a few times. If I saw all available colours I might be inclined to try it myself.

I didn't know they added a mon that changes colours depending on the region it's from. That's pretty neat.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3437-4053-9330
#8Kyusei(Topic Creator)Posted 10/19/2013 4:24:18 AM
MoonLightCloud posted...
Kyusei posted...

I don't have the game to confirm, but from what I read it's the region that your 3DS is set to when you create your save file that counts, changing it after the save is created apparently has no effect.

Oh noes! =/ Well, I guess I have to get going with the GTS then
#9Kyusei(Topic Creator)Posted 10/19/2013 4:25:47 AM
Check this link Jimmy: http://imgur.com/a/0Qt5N

There are 18 different skins for Vivillon ^_^
#10rojsePosted 10/19/2013 4:26:35 AM
This is a spreadsheet detailing what region settings are linked to what Vivillon forms.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AnK7UlEL3WjddGw5REdFOV9CWWZ6MFpkRHZxSG5qa0E&type=view&gid=0&f=true&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250

Vivillon depends on your region setting when you initially create the save file. You can't change the settings before you evolve your Spewpa or before you catch your Scatterbug to change what form it has when it evolves.

If you want to get them all and don't want to trade, borrow a second game, change the settings, create a new save file, catch a scatterbug and transfer that to your game, and repeat.