This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

LOL I'm literally getting owned at the 3rd Gym

#1HugstablePosted 10/19/2013 6:48:30 AM
Got a team of 4 pokes all at level 32 matching Korrina's Hawlucha but he just takes out everybody in one turn or so, even those he isn't super effective against. Got a team of level 32 Charmelon, Frogadier, Amaura (Super effective, but damn his Aurora beam is my only saving grace in this battle really) and Lucario. I usually always have trouble with at least one gym in every pokemon game due to my play style lol. I only fight Trainer Battles and use regular pokemon grass battles just for capturing except for usually at the very beginning. I just run away from reg pokemon battles if I've already caught them. Usually works out with keeping me even leveled with the gyms. But this Hawlucha is literally causing me more problems with Sabrina's team in Soul Silver -_-.
---
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/huggerbearr
PSN: Hugstable
#2RVR-87Posted 10/19/2013 6:55:58 AM
why didnt you use xp share
#3FredCat07Posted 10/19/2013 6:56:55 AM
Yeah, that was first gym I lost 3 Pokemons against, until I called in Pandasm (little panda with daredevil eyes and a leaf in it mouth) and literally mopping the floor with them.
---
American Sign Language is my primary language - deal with it!
"ESL" is standing for "English Sign Language", period.
#4Rodimus_PrimePosted 10/19/2013 6:57:24 AM
One word:

Honedge
---
"Yeah, they're in the game. But if you don't buy them, you can't play as them. Why? Because F*** YOU GIVE ME MONEY!"-Angry Joe
#5GDragon59Posted 10/19/2013 6:58:15 AM
Well some people like a challenge. ;o I for one am using exp share only for the purpose of evolving quicker to fill the Pokedex. Once that is accomplished I intend to turn it off and raise a new team of fresh Pokemon to finish the last 3 gyms and the Elite Four.
---
Friend Code: 2380 - 3426 - 3528
#6Hugstable(Topic Creator)Posted 10/19/2013 7:03:41 AM
RVR-87 posted...
why didnt you use xp share

Same reason I don't fight the pokemon in the grass either; I really like the challenege sometimes ever since I played Diamond normally and blew through it pretty easily. Been working for me Since I seem to be at the same level as the gyms most of the time. Just beat her right now too, Had a level 21 Solosis that I just got with Charm and threw a quick claw on him. Took his attack all the way down and then brought out Amaura and his Aurora beam. Only lost my Solosis and Lucario this time yay!
---
#7Jasonspencer16Posted 10/19/2013 7:04:24 AM
SPOILERS*

There's a gym leader later on who uses a Slowking that I COULD NOT get past. I was using my Helioptile, who was confused and every time I hit him, the leader would heal, or he'd raise his defence or something annoying. Took me 8-10 moves to finally knock out that one pokemon.
---
GamerTag: TwistAndSpin
~3/2DS FC: 4055 4059 2909 ~Pokemon Black 2: 0949 2003 3492~
#8GeminiDeusPosted 10/19/2013 7:06:08 AM
That gym literally has no counters for Ghost-type Pokemon. I was pretty disappointed with how easily Golett dealt with that place.
---
El Nido - Xaniara
#9ryudin89Posted 10/19/2013 7:07:28 AM
Rodimus_Prime posted...
One word:

Honedge

This. Honedge can also own the fifth gym as well.
---
GameFAQS=why games should be played and people should be avoided.-selfdeztruction
3DS Friend Code:3780-9074-3418
#10Hugstable(Topic Creator)Posted 10/19/2013 7:08:24 AM
GeminiDeus posted...
That gym literally has no counters for Ghost-type Pokemon. I was pretty disappointed with how easily Golett dealt with that place.

LOL I didn't even think of that. Now I feel dumb haha
---