This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Saw Zapdos 4 times and now I can't find him again :(

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Saw Zapdos 4 times and now I can't find him again :(

User Info: gfaqster

gfaqster
3 years ago#1
I keep checking the Pokedex and flying to where it says he is and when I get there he is somewhere completely different and then I fly over there and it just goes on and on...

How exactly do I encounter him enough times so he retreats to the Sea cave/den?
We live to make the impossible possible!
-Lightning-

User Info: davinthegreat98

davinthegreat98
3 years ago#2
walk to him i think, that's how you do it on the other games
To each their own. - Rayquaza

User Info: SecondHandFat

SecondHandFat
3 years ago#3
Yeah, if you use fly the location changes. Gotta walk there.

User Info: LaybackJo

LaybackJo
3 years ago#4
I chased zapdos as well, I believe you encounter it 11 times before it flies to the Sea Spirit's Den. Here's what I noticed when walking to it. If you walk through a town it stays in its route, but if you walk from town to another town to try to get to it, it will fly again. This is what I did:

Fly to the city with the daycare next to it, I kept walking from the daycare route, into the town, into the other route to the right, then back to the town again and check my pokedex. I kept doing this until it appeared in the routes next to the town I was in. Then I would just walk to the left or right route and encounter it. Worked fairly quickly for me. About an hour of work while I threw something on tv in the background lol.

Sorry for the lack o route names as i dont have my ds on at the time but good thing fly tells you which route the daycare is on when you move the arrow. I hope this helps someone catch those elusive birds
PSN - LaybackJo

User Info: LaybackJo

LaybackJo
3 years ago#5
LaybackJo posted...
I chased zapdos as well, I believe you encounter it 11 times before it flies to the Sea Spirit's Den. Here's what I noticed when walking to it. If you walk through a town it stays in its route, but if you walk from town to another town to try to get to it, it will fly again. This is what I did:

Fly to the city with the daycare next to it, I kept walking from the daycare route, into the town, into the other route to the right, then back to the town again and check my pokedex. I kept doing this until it appeared in the routes next to the town I was in. Then I would just walk to the left or right route and encounter it. Worked fairly quickly for me. About an hour of work while I threw something on tv in the background lol.

Sorry for the lack o route names as i dont have my ds on at the time but good thing fly tells you which route the daycare is on when you move the arrow. I hope this helps someone catch those elusive birds

Also note: If you walk to its location sometimes it wont appear on the first wild encounter. If you battle or catch, it also makes the bird fly away to another location i noticed, so just run from the wild battles until the bird challenges you
PSN - LaybackJo

User Info: socguy

socguy
3 years ago#6
11 times. Pick areas like Lumiose that can get to multiple nearby areas fairly quickly. Do NOT fly (unless you are trying to reset the legendary's position)
3DS FC: 1134 8049 9417 FS: Fire, Charmeleon, Growlithe, Fletchhinder
my safari thread: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000458-pokemon-x-y-trading/67547911
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Saw Zapdos 4 times and now I can't find him again :(

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived