This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Saw Zapdos 4 times and now I can't find him again :(

#1gfaqsterPosted 10/19/2013 11:38:23 AM
I keep checking the Pokedex and flying to where it says he is and when I get there he is somewhere completely different and then I fly over there and it just goes on and on...

How exactly do I encounter him enough times so he retreats to the Sea cave/den?
---
We live to make the impossible possible!
-Lightning-
#2davinthegreat98Posted 10/19/2013 11:40:18 AM
walk to him i think, that's how you do it on the other games
---
To each their own. - Rayquaza
#3SecondHandFatPosted 10/19/2013 11:41:41 AM
Yeah, if you use fly the location changes. Gotta walk there.
#4LaybackJoPosted 10/19/2013 11:46:19 AM
I chased zapdos as well, I believe you encounter it 11 times before it flies to the Sea Spirit's Den. Here's what I noticed when walking to it. If you walk through a town it stays in its route, but if you walk from town to another town to try to get to it, it will fly again. This is what I did:

Fly to the city with the daycare next to it, I kept walking from the daycare route, into the town, into the other route to the right, then back to the town again and check my pokedex. I kept doing this until it appeared in the routes next to the town I was in. Then I would just walk to the left or right route and encounter it. Worked fairly quickly for me. About an hour of work while I threw something on tv in the background lol.

Sorry for the lack o route names as i dont have my ds on at the time but good thing fly tells you which route the daycare is on when you move the arrow. I hope this helps someone catch those elusive birds
---
PSN - LaybackJo
#5LaybackJoPosted 10/19/2013 11:47:30 AM
LaybackJo posted...
I chased zapdos as well, I believe you encounter it 11 times before it flies to the Sea Spirit's Den. Here's what I noticed when walking to it. If you walk through a town it stays in its route, but if you walk from town to another town to try to get to it, it will fly again. This is what I did:

Fly to the city with the daycare next to it, I kept walking from the daycare route, into the town, into the other route to the right, then back to the town again and check my pokedex. I kept doing this until it appeared in the routes next to the town I was in. Then I would just walk to the left or right route and encounter it. Worked fairly quickly for me. About an hour of work while I threw something on tv in the background lol.

Sorry for the lack o route names as i dont have my ds on at the time but good thing fly tells you which route the daycare is on when you move the arrow. I hope this helps someone catch those elusive birds

Also note: If you walk to its location sometimes it wont appear on the first wild encounter. If you battle or catch, it also makes the bird fly away to another location i noticed, so just run from the wild battles until the bird challenges you
---
PSN - LaybackJo
#6socguyPosted 10/19/2013 11:49:28 AM
11 times. Pick areas like Lumiose that can get to multiple nearby areas fairly quickly. Do NOT fly (unless you are trying to reset the legendary's position)
---
3DS FC: 1134 8049 9417 FS: Fire, Charmeleon, Growlithe, Fletchhinder
my safari thread: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000458-pokemon-x-y-trading/67547911