This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why the **** does Nintendo not have a toggle for legendary pokemon in battles?

#1Edgemaster70000Posted 10/20/2013 12:32:49 AM
I'm sick and tired of not being able to use my favorite pokemon because they all just get stomped by every single Mewtwo I come across online. Why doesn't Nintendo have filters for legendaries and Megas? Do they just pump out games and then proceed to give 0 ****s about how the online plays?
---
XBL GT: ReptileAssassin. Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Emerl18
There's a point when trolling stops being funny.....When it starts.
#2DoctorPiranha3Posted 10/20/2013 12:36:29 AM
Do they just pump out games and then proceed to give 0 ****s about how the online plays?

Actually, yeah. That sounds about right.
---
That's no way to talk to somebody as good-looking as me! - Barter Bear
#3LightHawKnightPosted 10/20/2013 12:38:40 AM
Have one Mewtwo counter? My Greninja wipes the floor with Mewtwos, well this one guy who keeps using legendaries and one that keeps challenging me. FIrst time he used Mewtwo and Yveltal, and then the second time where he DCed for some reason I believe is that i was kicking his ass, he used Mewtwo, Yveltal, and Articuno. Good ol Greninja.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#4SocranPosted 10/20/2013 12:47:37 AM
Game Freak is not Nintendo. They're a third party that had their game published by Nintendo, who now owns the IP but still leaves the main series games in the hands of Game Freak.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#5SnowxReturnsPosted 10/20/2013 12:49:29 AM
Still complaining about legendaries in 2013, lol.
#6KisaiPosted 10/20/2013 12:49:48 AM
You're playing Free Battles, which are just for fun anyway. Play Rated if you don't want that.
---
WHO MODS THE MODERATORS?
#7RingsOfUranusPosted 10/20/2013 12:52:51 AM
Why does everyone seem to maintain the belief that because a Pokemon is their favorite, it should be viable in battle? People with good Pokemon will beat people with bad Pokemon, regardless of how much you like them. It doesn't matter if they're legendaries or not. "Why doesn't Nintendo let you toggle Electric types? My favorite Pokemon is a Water type and I always come up against someone using a darned Electric type." "Why doesn't Nintendo toggle non-Flareons? Flareon is my favorite Pokemon, but it's horrible and is beaten by everything."

I do not understand this.
---
Official Gengar of the Pokemon X board
#8ProdicalxPosted 10/20/2013 1:23:20 AM
Mega Gengar takes a crap on Mewtwo.
---
FC - 3496-9822-8387
#9themediumonePosted 10/20/2013 1:35:05 AM
I'm pretty sure the point that the TC is trying to make is:

Most legendaries (while technically possible to defeat easily in some cases) are generally much more difficult to deal with for those who prefer to use lesser overpowered Pokemon. I personally never use legendaries in battles. I can't say I really have had a legendary in my party for a while since the Pokemon Silver days... when I was 12 years old.
---
Black 2 FC: 4857-4296-2439
#10Edgemaster70000(Topic Creator)Posted 10/20/2013 1:37:19 AM
RingsOfUranus posted...
Why does everyone seem to maintain the belief that because a Pokemon is their favorite, it should be viable in battle? People with good Pokemon will beat people with bad Pokemon, regardless of how much you like them. It doesn't matter if they're legendaries or not. "Why doesn't Nintendo let you toggle Electric types? My favorite Pokemon is a Water type and I always come up against someone using a darned Electric type." "Why doesn't Nintendo toggle non-Flareons? Flareon is my favorite Pokemon, but it's horrible and is beaten by everything."

I do not understand this.

Greninja, Krookodile, Tyrantrum, Heliolisk, and even Mega Charizard just keep getting swept by Mega Mewtwos with aura spheres, psychic, and other things before they can even get a move off because of mewtwo's ridiculous speed.

And for rated battles, going through the hassle of signing up on some website is actually worth the trouble? What kind of restrictions does it do?
---
XBL GT: ReptileAssassin. Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Emerl18
There's a point when trolling stops being funny.....When it starts.