This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about Eevee, and when I can evolve it using a stone-

#1illusivedudePosted 10/20/2013 4:19:08 AM
I have two Eevees, and I would like to evolve them into Umbreon and Espion respectively. I've bred the Eevees that I'm going to use, and they're both at level 1. I'm all set, however it won't let me use the Sun Stone or Moon Stone to evolve them. Do I have to get them to a certain level to do this? Or is there something else I have to do to evolve them?

Advice would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance! :)
---
Jesus Christ is my personal Lord and Savior.
Is it really that difficult for us to just put aside our differences and get along?
#2RikanovPosted 10/20/2013 4:20:22 AM
For Umbreon and Espeon, you need to raise it to max happiness (may or may not be influenced by Pokemon-Amie, but I managed to evolve my Riolu to Lucario without it) and level it up during the night or day. For Umbreon, level it up at night and for Espeon, in the day.
#3CalciferJenkinsPosted 10/20/2013 4:20:29 AM
They don't use stones, it's happiness. Max the happiness and level them up. Espeon during the day and Umbreon during the night. Something to note, I think the happiness level is separate from the Amie affection level.
---
Thank you, gentlemen! Someday, I will repay you. Unless, of course, I can't find you or if I forget.
#4MegaDuranPosted 10/20/2013 4:34:28 AM
yes, happiness is a seperate value raised by continuous use in battle/leveling up, using vitamins like zink and protein (the fastest way to get this done, just feed them lots of them, massages, carrying it around while walking (every 255 steps, friendship raises by one point. if pokemon wears soothe bell, by two points)
---
3DS: 3351-5468-4271
#5RawstyleEeveePosted 10/20/2013 4:42:48 AM
Eeveelutions are unlike other Pokemon that evolve by stones, best evolved as soon as possible due they each learn an elemental move that represents their evolution type, on the same levels Eevee learns its moves

Example
Lv 9 Sylveon will learn a fairy move, while Umbreon would learn a Dark Move on the same level

For Umbreon, you could level Eevee a bit so that it learns Bite:)

Tough picking up Baton Pass as an Eevee is also worthwhile for some Eeveelutions
---
Official Eevee of the Pokemon X/Y board
#6illusivedude(Topic Creator)Posted 10/20/2013 11:00:22 AM
Okey-doke. Thanks everyone! :)

I have one last question- what is an Eevee's max happiness? (So I can better keep track of it, as I haven't done anything with them since hatching them.)
---
Jesus Christ is my personal Lord and Savior.
Is it really that difficult for us to just put aside our differences and get along?