This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Strategy Guide Vol. 2 of 3 Dated for North America

#1QuagsireQingPosted 10/20/2013 6:17:40 AM
PokÚmon X & PokÚmon Y: The Official Kalos Region PokÚdex & Postgame Adventure Guide is coming Wednesday, January 22, 2014. It is 736 pages, and likely another pocket-sized book, as now seems to be the norm for any 3DS guide.

ISBN-10: 0804162573
ISBN-13: 978-0804162579

Vol. 3 (PokÚmon X & PokÚmon Y: The Official National PokÚdex) will follow in the spring.
---
"Cats...are kind of like girls. If they come and talk to you it's great. But if you try to talk to them it doesn't always go so well."
--S. Miyamoto
#2LexifoxPosted 10/20/2013 6:18:16 AM
Unless it has egg moves, I don't care.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#3SirPiercePosted 10/20/2013 6:23:16 AM
That's dumb. Why such a huge gap? Most people already have the game beaten. Not many people planned on buying the guide at launch...even less actually did due to the delay. Now, we have January and Spring for the others. That's a fail. Lol. I don't see too many people buying these. I always buy the Pokemon guides and even I passed on the first one due to the delay. Now I have to wait a couple moths for the next one. Heck, based on the past, the next main game could already be announced by the time we get the third guide. Lol.

/rant
---
Currently Playing...Pokemon X and Y
Currently Awaiting...SSBU, SSB3DS and Watch Dogs.
#4KisaiPosted 10/20/2013 6:26:37 AM
THREE? That's a new one, isn't it? And yeah, why such a huge gap?
---
WHO MODS THE MODERATORS?
#5MegaLucarioPosted 10/20/2013 6:29:09 AM
*Groan* This means it'll be another six months before we get the guide that actually matters, the one with the National Dex and therefore the list of Egg moves for every Pokemon in the game.
---
Official MegaLucario of the Pokemon X and Y boards
#6QuagsireQing(Topic Creator)Posted 10/20/2013 6:59:21 AM(edited)
Kisai posted...
THREE? That's a new one, isn't it? And yeah, why such a huge gap?

It's not new. Black & White had three guides, as well: the walkthrough, the Unova PokÚdex and the National PokÚdex (some previous generations also had Pocket PokÚdexes as supplements, but they didn't add any new information). Releasing three smaller guides gets the information out faster, rather than waiting until everything can be compiled.

MegaLucario posted...
*Groan* This means it'll be another six months before we get the guide that actually matters, the one with the National Dex and therefore the list of Egg moves for every Pokemon in the game.

The Japanese equivalents come out in November and December. You'll have your egg moves in a couple months.
---
"Cats...are kind of like girls. If they come and talk to you it's great. But if you try to talk to them it doesn't always go so well."
--S. Miyamoto