This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would I be able to send a Pokemon to Pokemon Black2 from Pokemon X via Pokebank?

#101BowsaaPosted 10/21/2013 11:59:56 AM(edited)
jayman7 posted...
My point is that the apples to oranges comparison is on your side. Pokémon Bank isn't a transfer service. It's not a transfer service, it won't be one tomorrow, and it isn't a transfer service. The end.

It's a transfer service that integrates the migration service. They are one and the same.

SyphoV2 posted...
And junk? Obviously you haven't seen the awesome games they give out.

"give out", once you've paid for them.

Also, they could offer all of those nice services without charging people to play online. Even with servers costing something, you still don't have to pay to play online on PC. My point is that online play is now being hidden behind a paywall, as it was on the 360 (and will be on the One). Features that were once free now take extra money.

SyphoV2 posted...
It's free for the first month. Download it and transfer it, for free.

And? I'll still have things to migrate after the first month.

SirPierce posted...
You get a free month to Transfer. You can transfer boxes at a time. I think you can get your transfers done in a month. Therefore, transferring is free (as I stated).

This is terrible logic. "A trial for something is offered, therefore the thing is free!"
---
RENAMON!! *weeping* YOU HAVEN'T BENT ANYONE OVER THE SINK AND SHOVED A "CHECK THE STICKY* UP THEIR ASS IN MONTHS!! *curls into ball crying*- Cither3000
#102jamieyelloPosted 10/21/2013 12:02:41 PM
SirPierce posted...
Sorry, I'm on my phone and don't feel like going through the hassle of modifying quotes...

"Migration this generation is free the same way PSN+ gives free games, ie it doesn't. Migration isn't free because it's behind the bank paywall."

You get a free month to Transfer. You can transfer boxes at a time. I think you can get your transfers done in a month. Therefore, transferring is free (as I stated). It's the storage that is not.

To bump this topic and cause unnecessary stress and arguments, I now can't go back and breed Pokemon with special moves without paying 5$, which I will probably want to do once or twice a year.
---
Put this in your sig if you're Atheist and proud of it. It can be your sig if you're Catholic, too.
#103SirPiercePosted 10/21/2013 12:21:53 PM
jamieyello posted...
SirPierce posted...
Sorry, I'm on my phone and don't feel like going through the hassle of modifying quotes...

"Migration this generation is free the same way PSN+ gives free games, ie it doesn't. Migration isn't free because it's behind the bank paywall."

You get a free month to Transfer. You can transfer boxes at a time. I think you can get your transfers done in a month. Therefore, transferring is free (as I stated). It's the storage that is not.

To bump this topic and cause unnecessary stress and arguments, I now can't go back and breed Pokemon with special moves without paying 5$, which I will probably want to do once or twice a year.

I'm done with this moronic argument. If you want to transfer and/or store Pokemon, pay $5. If you don't want to transfer and/or store Pokemon, don't pay $5. It can't get much simpler. I can't wait to be able to transfer all of my Pokemon quickly and store them in a safe location.
---
Currently Playing...Pokemon X and Y
Currently Awaiting...SSBU, SSB3DS and Watch Dogs.
#104x2link777Posted 10/21/2013 12:24:08 PM
SirPierce posted...
I'm done with this moronic argument.

The only thing moronic about it WAS your argument. There is really no way you can justify saying something is free just because the first month is free.
---
I am the most fiendish terror that flaps in the darkest night. I am the skunk that pollutes your air. I am Negaduck!!
#105jayman7Posted 10/21/2013 12:27:41 PM(edited)
To be frank, the only other way they could possibly have allowed transfers is by doing a 3DSware app, which would have been capable of less, more open to cloning (which GameFreak dislikes), harder to maintain, and here's the big thing you're overlooking: it probably wouldn't have been free either.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#106BowsaaPosted 10/21/2013 12:28:40 PM
jayman7 posted...
To be frank, the only other way they could possibly have allowed transfers is by doing a 3DSware app, which would have been capable of less

How so? Transferring is transferring. There's not much more or less you can do with it.

Making it an app would definitely have been the ideal situation.

jayman7 posted...
more open to cloning (which GameFreak dislikes)

Quite, although there are a few things they could have done to prevent though.

jayman7 posted...
and here's the big thing you're overlooking: it probably wouldn't have been free either.

And on what basis do you make that statement?
---
RENAMON!! *weeping* YOU HAVEN'T BENT ANYONE OVER THE SINK AND SHOVED A "CHECK THE STICKY* UP THEIR ASS IN MONTHS!! *curls into ball crying*- Cither3000
#107jayman7Posted 10/21/2013 12:30:17 PM
Bowsaa posted...
jayman7 posted...
To be frank, the only other way they could possibly have allowed transfers is by doing a 3DSware app, which would have been capable of less

How so? Transferring is transferring. There's not much more or less you can do with it.

You say concerning the service that, for the umpteenth time, isn't a transfer service at its core.

Common sense? On what basis do you imply that my statement is false?
---
#108BowsaaPosted 10/21/2013 12:33:43 PM
jayman7 posted...
You say concerning the service that, for the umpteenth time, isn't a transfer service at its core.

It's something that has the transfer service integrated. But transferring itself is just transferring; nothing more, nothing less.

jayman7 posted...

Common sense? On what basis do you imply that my statement is false?

Common sense isn't any sort of proof. I'd say it would likely be free, as it's there to provide a service that has always been free. And it's not my job to prove your statement false; it's your job to prove that it's true.
---
#109jayman7Posted 10/21/2013 12:40:37 PM
Bowsaa posted...
And it's not my job to prove your statement false; it's your job to prove that it's true.

*sigh* It's an app that they would need to maintain for any future games that come out. While I can't prove that they'd charge for it, I don't really see how they could conceivably give out such an app for free. At the very least, it would be a huge profit cut.
---
#110SirPiercePosted 10/21/2013 12:42:35 PM
x2link777 posted...
SirPierce posted...
I'm done with this moronic argument.

The only thing moronic about it WAS your argument. There is really no way you can justify saying something is free just because the first month is free.

So, you seem to be good at putting words I my mouth. I was saying that it is free for the first month. I never once said that it is free FOREVER. I was saying that if someone didn't want to pay for the Storage feature, they could use the Transfer feature for free for the first month...and probably get all their transferring done in the first month.
---
Currently Playing...Pokemon X and Y
Currently Awaiting...SSBU, SSB3DS and Watch Dogs.