This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would I be able to send a Pokemon to Pokemon Black2 from Pokemon X via Pokebank?

#111BowsaaPosted 10/21/2013 1:44:12 PM
jayman7 posted...
Bowsaa posted...
And it's not my job to prove your statement false; it's your job to prove that it's true.

*sigh* It's an app that they would need to maintain for any future games that come out. While I can't prove that they'd charge for it, I don't really see how they could conceivably give out such an app for free. At the very least, it would be a huge profit cut.

They would just have to have it available on the Nintendo store; its only purpose is to transfer stuff from V > VI. Anyways, it's a moot point, because they have to maintain Bank for any future games as well.

As for charging, how would it be a profit cut? Once the app is written, it's written; as it is, they're already writing code to transfer stuff from generation to generation. They've done it each generation (besides II>III) this far anyways; it's an expected cost at this point.
---
RENAMON!! *weeping* YOU HAVEN'T BENT ANYONE OVER THE SINK AND SHOVED A "CHECK THE STICKY* UP THEIR ASS IN MONTHS!! *curls into ball crying*- Cither3000
#112BowsaaPosted 10/21/2013 1:45:38 PM
SirPierce posted...
I never once said that it is free FOREVER..

SirPierce posted...
Therefore, transferring is free (as I stated).

Actually, you did.
---
RENAMON!! *weeping* YOU HAVEN'T BENT ANYONE OVER THE SINK AND SHOVED A "CHECK THE STICKY* UP THEIR ASS IN MONTHS!! *curls into ball crying*- Cither3000
#113x2link777Posted 10/21/2013 1:46:11 PM
SirPierce posted...
So, you seem to be good at putting words I my mouth. I was saying that it is free for the first month. I never once said that it is free FOREVER. I was saying that if someone didn't want to pay for the Storage feature, they could use the Transfer feature for free for the first month...and probably get all their transferring done in the first month.

Which doesn't address the main issue at all, hence why it is moronic. Of course we can transfer in that month. But what if we want to transfer beyond it? Then it goes right back to the main point, it now costs money to do what once was free.
---
I am the most fiendish terror that flaps in the darkest night. I am the skunk that pollutes your air. I am Negaduck!!
#114jayman7Posted 10/21/2013 1:59:33 PM
Bowsaa posted...
Anyways, it's a moot point, because they have to maintain Bank for any future games as well.

Which is part of why they're charging for it. 9_9

As for charging, how would it be a profit cut? Once the app is written, it's written; as it is, they're already writing code to transfer stuff from generation to generation. They've done it each generation (besides II>III) this far anyways; it's an expected cost at this point.

Again, maintenance. And it's separate from the main game, which wasn't true in the past.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#115BowsaaPosted 10/21/2013 2:02:32 PM
jayman7 posted...
Which is part of why they're charging for it. 9_9

Bank actually costs them to run, though. I guess I worded that somewhat poorly. Read on.

jayman7 posted...
Again, maintenance. And it's separate from the main game, which wasn't true in the past.

The only 'maintenance' that an app would be take would be updating for a new generation. Updating the migration technique is something that they've already been doing, anyways, so there's no additional cost on top of what they already have.
---
#116OliverTehOmfa(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2013 5:55:12 PM
So after I've read through all that I have some questions. Why do I need to pay for a storage so miniscule? Services like Hotmail and Gmail are free. Even Dropbox is (to a degree) free. How can they justify the need for me to pay to complete the Pokedex? And what about in the future? Imagine someone picking up this game in say 10 years, How would they go about to complete the Pokedex? Do you expect Nintendo to keep the servers for a game up for 10 years? It's been 10 years since G/S/C and if I were to pick it up I would still be able to complete the Pokedex. I don't think the same can be said about Pokemon X/Y.
---
3DS FC: 1891-1230-9741
#117StrowbreezyPosted 10/21/2013 5:56:56 PM
5 dollars per year? Wow! I thought it was 5 per month. I was thinking to myself that is highway robbery haha. But 5 a year is beauty.
---
CP: Kingdom Hearts HD ReMIX
3DS FC:4382-2103-1610
#118NintenfreakPosted 10/21/2013 7:49:02 PM
steffie2 posted...
I have to say that this is some crap right here:

Pokémon Black, Pokémon White, Pokémon Black 2, and Pokémon White 2 were developed to be compatible with the Nintendo DSi system, while Pokémon X and Pokémon Y were developed exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. Due to differences in the functionality and specifications of the two families, including their communications systems, it is not possible to carry out communications directly between software designed for the two different families.

I could link trade with my DS lite from Pokemon White to Black, etc. on the 3DS before. It couldn't have been too hard to make a mode to link up XY with B/W. Not to say that it means much to pay $5 a year to me, just that I think it's a crappy reason.

Guys, we got a computer scientist up in here! He must have worked on the 3DS and know how it communicates!
---
http://the-toadman.deviantart.com
The Toyetic Toadman. It's good for our wallet. Not yours.
#119Xenesis XenonPosted 10/21/2013 7:55:34 PM
Nintenfreak posted...
steffie2 posted...
I have to say that this is some crap right here:

Pokémon Black, Pokémon White, Pokémon Black 2, and Pokémon White 2 were developed to be compatible with the Nintendo DSi system, while Pokémon X and Pokémon Y were developed exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. Due to differences in the functionality and specifications of the two families, including their communications systems, it is not possible to carry out communications directly between software designed for the two different families.

I could link trade with my DS lite from Pokemon White to Black, etc. on the 3DS before. It couldn't have been too hard to make a mode to link up XY with B/W. Not to say that it means much to pay $5 a year to me, just that I think it's a crappy reason.

Guys, we got a computer scientist up in here! He must have worked on the 3DS and know how it communicates!

He's right though.

Both the DS and 3DS support the same wireless protocols. The 3DS has hardware backwards compatibility with the DS. The 3DS has backwards compatibility with DSi software. Heck, Poke Radar shows that 3DS to DS is directly possible. This is not like the Gameboy Advance to Gameboy Colour situation in the past where the reason they couldn't link was a hardware barrier where the GBA and GB/C operated on different voltages in the link ports that made it incompatible.

There's absolutely no hardware reason that this would not be possible. This is all down to Software and what Game Freak wants to allow the players to do.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#120pokemonfreak97Posted 10/23/2013 7:56:22 AM
OliverTehOmfa posted...
So Pokebank is the exact same thing that has been offered in past Pokemon games for free?

It is the exact same thing that has been offered in a few generations of past Pokemon games, plus the amount of storage you would get if you bought about five copies of the game.
---
Generation (pi)(i).
When you see this, raise e to the generation and add 1. Social experiment.