This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why does Game Freak sometimes abandon new features?

#21Unown_201Posted 10/20/2013 9:44:49 AM
Charocks posted...
I think the next wave should combine features using the Pokegear 2.0!

A joint effort by Sliph, Devon, the Poke'tch company, and Oak Labs to make the days of carrying tons of gear fade into the sunset!

The Pokegear 2.0 features:
Built-in Pokedex
Hands-free holophone
TM database
Poke-Amie 2.0
Journal
VS Seeker 2.0
Fame Checker 2.0
Super-Trainer 2.0
GPS

All in the compact package of a watch! Pokegear 2.0 is waterproof, fireproof, and shockproof! The only thing that can break this thing is a Snorlax laying on it!

Buy yours today for only $50,000 Pokebucks!

Sounds great.

While we are combining features, I would like to combine the berry garden (one of the best features this gen for me) with house customization.

Or basically, lets just have a Pokemon x Animal Crossing x Rune Factory crossover...
#22Gord11111Posted 10/20/2013 9:47:03 AM(edited)
Aldath posted...
-Pokemon Following You
-Contests
-Secret Bases
-Pokeathlon

And many others... Plus they removed the Legendary Triad from this game, and I BET we won't have Super Traning, Amie nor Character Customization next gen.

What? there's a legendary triad in this game. It's Xerneas/Yveltal/Zygarde.
---
-Makin' it Rainbow: Water Gym Leader, Elite Divided-
-3DS FC 2492 4122 0750-
Safari Pokemon: Pumpkaboo/Lampent/Dusclops
#23LightHawKnightPosted 10/20/2013 9:56:58 AM
Gord11111 posted...
Aldath posted...
-Pokemon Following You
-Contests
-Secret Bases
-Pokeathlon

And many others... Plus they removed the Legendary Triad from this game, and I BET we won't have Super Traning, Amie nor Character Customization next gen.

What? there's a legendary triad in this game. It's Xerneas/Yveltal/Zygarde.

No they are not. The legendary Trio does not appear on the box cover, or at least isn't the biggest thing on it and you can catch all three ingame.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#24AsikokamiPosted 10/20/2013 10:06:42 AM
The bottom screen doesn't even have a clock which is frustrating because to check I need to go to Home which stupidly disconnects me from the internet.

Also, not being able to talk to the Professor on the go is a huge mistake. Instead of allowing you to get info about the Pokemon in the entire 'dex instead of just your party (unless this was in B/W2), the just removed it completely.
#25Unown_201Posted 10/20/2013 10:24:06 AM
Asikokami posted...
The bottom screen doesn't even have a clock which is frustrating because to check I need to go to Home which stupidly disconnects me from the internet.

You can check the time on the save screen...not ideal, but quicker then the home screen.
#26CrabhammarPosted 10/20/2013 10:27:48 AM
BabyQuail posted...
I kinda miss the Pokemon den/base thing, they could have expanded on that and made it more useful somehow.

Mark my words: Ruby/Saphire Remakes + Secret Bases + Streetpass = GOAT PokeInnovation.
---
PSN: Bluechacho
#27Master XPosted 10/20/2013 10:37:13 AM
The Xtransciever was great. Having instant access to people who remind you what an ability does, and how to exactly evolve a Pokemon was great. Yeah, guides and all... But having it at the click of a button? Info in seconds without abandoning your game? I can only imagine how useful this was to complete noobs.
---
GAMERTAG: Casperstar X "For those of you wondering whether the above made sense, you've just answered your own question."
#28BowsaaPosted 10/20/2013 10:41:34 AM
Crabhammar posted...
BabyQuail posted...
I kinda miss the Pokemon den/base thing, they could have expanded on that and made it more useful somehow.

Mark my words: Ruby/Saphire Remakes + Secret Bases + Streetpass = GOAT PokeInnovation.

Amen to this.

Secret bases were tons of fun. I still sometimes run around and try to find a new place to put mine.

Just imagine it with a bigger region and tons more places to put them...
---
RENAMON!! *weeping* YOU HAVEN'T BENT ANYONE OVER THE SINK AND SHOVED A "CHECK THE STICKY* UP THEIR ASS IN MONTHS!! *curls into ball crying*- Cither3000
#29StarWarsfan1984Posted 10/20/2013 11:15:01 AM
I liked the Habitat List (or whatever it was called) from B2W2 that showed you if you caught all of the Pokémon in an area.

I actually miss Dream World. More of getting the Pokémon versus getting the hidden Abilities.
---
3DS Friend Code: 2449-5500-6430 Name: JMN
3DS Games: Mario Kart 7, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Star Fox 64 3D, Animal Crossing New Leaf