This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Big news! Defog now removes entry hazards ON YOUR SIDE! (proof inside)

#21bonannPosted 10/20/2013 9:16:10 AM
MindwalkerX posted...
Btw, to people dissing it for rapid spin, it take away barriers as well, that counts imo.

I found that part really great.
---
3DS: 4313-0687-5263
Useless information to follow below.
#22SnowxReturns(Topic Creator)Posted 10/20/2013 9:18:59 AM
The point is not that Defog is better than Rapid Spin, it's that overall its users are far better and way more diverse than most rapid spinners.
#23SnowxReturns(Topic Creator)Posted 10/20/2013 12:51:47 PM
It looks like the best Defog user has been identified: Crobat.

Crobat@Leftovers
Trait: Infiltrator
Impish nature
252 HP/252 Spe/4 Def
-Defog
-Taunt
-U-Turn/Roost
-Hypnosis/Toxic/Brave Bird/Roost

Infiltrator has been buffed in this generation: now it ignores Substitutes.
Thanks to its incredible speed Crobat is practically guaranteed to successfully clean entry hazards with Defog, unless it's facing. The only realistic scenario where this isn't happening is against Prankster Taunt users.
Defog also lowers evasion 1 stage, which means Hypnosis' accuracy becomes 80%, so the opponent will either have to switch out (and still have a 60% chance to be put to sleep) or find itself at the receiving end of what essentially is a Dark Void.
Even if the opponent sends a RestTalker user in to absorb Hypnosis, it will only get taunted the next turn, turning that into a sitting duck.
Crobat can also abuse a 100% accurate Toxic (Toxic now has perfect accuracy when used by a poison type) that hits through substitutes thanks to Infiltrator, U-Turn for scouting, Brave Bird to deal some decent damage or Roost to recover health.

This is essentially every stall team's worst nightmare and I'm sure it will be OU in this generation.
#24BalloonBattle05Posted 10/20/2013 1:33:31 PM
SnowxReturns posted...

Crobat@Leftovers
Impish nature
252 HP/252 Spe/4 Def
-Defog
-Taunt
-U-Turn/Roost

Infiltrator has been buffed in this generation: now it ignores Substitutes.
Thanks to its incredible speed Crobat is practically guaranteed to successfully clean entry hazards with Defog, unless it's facing. The only realistic scenario where this isn't happening is against Prankster Taunt users.
Defog also lowers evasion 1 stage, which means Hypnosis' accuracy becomes 80%, so the opponent will either have to switch out (and still have a 60% chance to be put to sleep) or find itself at the receiving end of what essentially is a Dark Void.
Even if the opponent sends a RestTalker user in to absorb Hypnosis, it will only get taunted the next turn, turning that into a sitting duck.
Crobat can also abuse a 100% accurate Toxic (Toxic now has perfect accuracy when used by a poison type) that hits through substitutes thanks to Infiltrator, U-Turn for scouting, Brave Bird to deal some decent damage or Roost to recover health.

This is essentially every stall team's worst nightmare and I'm sure it will be OU in this generation.

Crobat can't have both Hypnosis and Brave Bird.
---
A GameFAQs user from August 1, 2010 to March 27, 2012.
Known as Megaleg back then.
#25TerotrousPosted 10/20/2013 1:39:55 PM(edited)
bwburke94 posted...
Rapid Spin still exists.

But very few pokemon can get it. There are now more viable hazard removers.

SnowxReturns posted...

Crobat@Leftovers
Impish nature
252 HP/252 Spe/4 Def
-Defog
-Taunt
-U-Turn/Roost

I kinda like it, because I've always liked Crobat, but I wonder if he's beefy enough to serve as a hazard remover, particularly considering SR does 25% to him on the switch in.

If you predict a Crobat switch doing 75% to him with a thunderbolt or stone edge isn't hard.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Rampart"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#26SnowxReturns(Topic Creator)Posted 10/20/2013 1:34:59 PM
It will have to settle for U-Turn then. Still, it gets the job done.
#27gwaposidemzPosted 10/20/2013 6:42:28 PM
Will this mean that it may go OU? Starmie also served as the best spinner in the game but its mighty frail as well.
---
Veronica!! Veronica!! Yan ang gusto ko sa babae yung lumalaban!!!!!
-Romy Diaz R.I.P. Best Bad Boy in the Philippine Movie Industry
#28hyjinx17Posted 10/20/2013 6:44:46 PM
I tried breeding for it but unfortunately Talonflame doesn't get it
---
FC 3883-5502-4640. PM if you add me
#29Xenesis XenonPosted 10/20/2013 6:48:30 PM(edited)
Satarack posted...
Shiftry and Drifblim were able to get it from breeding with a pokemon that learned it from the HM, so they won't be able to learn it anymore.

Trade any of the Defog users from Diamond/Pearl/Platinum to Heart Gold or Soul Silver. It's not a HM there and can be Poke Transferred. It's not a HM in Gen V either, so again you should be able to pokebank it in December.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.