This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your luck using the Masuda Method so far?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Your luck using the Masuda Method so far?
3 years ago#1
I've been using the Masuda Method since this past Thursday using a Japanese Ditto and one of my own Protean Froakie offspring, and have hatched 324ish Froakie so far (Traded some Torrent ones off in Wonder trade), and have yet to get a shiny of either ability. I wish my Shiny Froakie would just come to me soon T^T until then, I won't give up!

What have you guys hatched and how many eggs did it take? What are you hunting next?

After I get Froakie, I'm gonna go for shiny Gastly, Charmander, and Goomy.
3 years ago#2
Working on Protean Froakie myself, hatched about 2-3 boxes so far since last night. No luck so far.
Fox news get's a pass because they have to go against reality's liberal bias. - SilentS89
3 years ago#3
Will keep updating this thread until I get my shiny Froakie :)
3 years ago#4
Got a shiny Clauncher on my 55th egg.

Tried again with Skrelp and Goomy and gave up after 100 eggs of each failed.
http://i.imgur.com/ua00T9H.gif
http://i.imgur.com/gw03gl7.png - Number of people that D'awwed: 76
3 years ago#5
I have nothing but modest protean froakies. Yet, I still haven't gotten a shiny one.
Black 2 FC:1207 0234 8774
3DS FC: 0404-6354-3374
3 years ago#6
Wait what are the rates of Shiny Pokemon for this method again?
"the problem is you won't know that when the year is up. so you can't exactly cancel it until it's too late." Someone without a calender
3 years ago#7
Baha05 posted...
Wait what are the rates of Shiny Pokemon for this method again?

I believe it's about 1/1200 chance or something similar. It's kind of funny though, because on my first day playing my Pokemon Y, I found a random shiny Skiddo in the grass while looking for an Adamant Pancham (wild encounter shiny Pokemon have a 1/8000 chance or something ridiculous like that to appear).
3 years ago#8
Bred about 25 Fennekin's so far, nothing yet. But I didn't expect anything yet either so it's all good, I get Wonder Trade fodder until I finally get my shiny Magician Fennekin and simultaneously make Wonder Trade worth while while also being able to basically farm Rare Candies, so it's all good.

God help me if I hatch several hundred of these things, finally get it, and find the ability is Blaze though.
Official MegaLucario of the Pokemon X and Y boards
3 years ago#9
I got my shiny fennekin last night after 510 eggs.
3ds FC- 3050-7605-6321
Pokemon x name- Jasper
3 years ago#10
MegaLucario posted...
Bred about 25 Fennekin's so far, nothing yet. But I didn't expect anything yet either so it's all good, I get Wonder Trade fodder until I finally get my shiny Magician Fennekin and simultaneously make Wonder Trade worth while while also being able to basically farm Rare Candies, so it's all good.

God help me if I hatch several hundred of these things, finally get it, and find the ability is Blaze though.

I know, right? I've actually been noticing that a lot of my Froakie are starting to hatch out with Torrent more often... Would suck if the shiny turned out to have Torrent, but it's still a shiny.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Your luck using the Masuda Method so far?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived