This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GameFreak, something needs to be done about the gyms.

#1Caolan_2k9Posted 10/20/2013 11:27:59 AM
X and Y are the last straw in terms of gyms.
Let me start off by saying I understand gyms were never a deadly task where only the most skilled trainers could get a badge, but at this point in time, in X and Y, there is literally NOTHING threatening about gym leaders. Here's a few reasons why I think they're so bad.
1. Stop giving gym leaders such low leveled pokemon. This goes for almost every gen, the gym leaders pokemon are barely above the trainers within the gym.
2. MORE F****** POKEMON! I Cannot stress this point enough, big bad tough gym leaders with 3 pokemon... Why don't the leaders have ATLEAST 5? (It should be 6, but if they wanted to save 6 just for the champion that's understandable) Same goes for the elite 4, I was laughing but extremely disappointed when I noticed every elite 4 member had 4 pokemon. Hardly worthy of being a member of the pokemon league.
3. Better AI. This would imporve the game in general. Here's an example, I'm in a fight with brock and he is using his onix, he gets me down to 1HP and it's time to select a move. His onix is faster than my pokemon, so I think "Oh well, this is it..." But no, brock commands his pokemon to use an attack that does no damage and I take it out on my turn.
I think these things could help improve the state of the gyms, because as of today in gen 6, admit it... The gyms are a total JOKE.
And don't come at me with that argument that the game is for kids, even younger kids would find these gyms a total cakewalk.
#2Zero97Posted 10/20/2013 11:28:57 AM
Agreed, They're cakewalks
---
3DS: 0173-1416-4513
NNID: Zero97 (no, I wasn't born in 1997)
#3CloudStrife630Posted 10/20/2013 11:30:46 AM
I was like OHKO. I don't get the point of trainers and gym leaders no longer have ATLEAST 5 Pokemon. I think I RARELY saw trainers with 4 Pokemon atleast. What's up with that?
---
http://i.minus.com/iVTT7iHZ0KMgK.gif
http://i.minus.com/iYhUUsVGB6VbX.gif
#4ArreiPosted 10/20/2013 11:31:04 AM
I definitely think trainers could use more Pokes across the board, but giving them higher level Pokes might not be the answer. Pokemon Platinum did that and I had to keep rechallenging the Elite Four to train to beat Cynthia, to the point that defeating the Elite First was a walk in the park and I still had to resort to Revive spamming to kill her Garchomp.
---
3DS friend code: 1977-0588-7595 ACNL: Lloyd from Iselia
Dream Code 5100-2227-1571, come pay a dream visit to scenic Iselia!
#5Unown_201Posted 10/20/2013 11:31:23 AM
What is really needed is true difficulty settings. Its the only way to make everyone happy.
#6Caolan_2k9(Topic Creator)Posted 10/20/2013 11:32:05 AM
CloudStrife630 posted...
I was like OHKO. I don't get the point of trainers and gym leaders no longer have ATLEAST 5 Pokemon. I think I RARELY saw trainers with 4 Pokemon atleast. What's up with that?

Exactly, they make it out as if the previous games were challenging so they stopped giving trainers more pokemon.
The old games were pretty easy, but now they're so easy it's kind of silly.
#7FrostaquaPosted 10/20/2013 11:32:58 AM
100% agree.
How come they didn't make a hard difficulty like in BW2? Absolutely no excuse for being a lazy.
#8surferguy7Posted 10/20/2013 11:33:24 AM
Challenge Mode was acceptable in B/W2, it was just stupidly locked until a second playthrough.
---
This is the internet, all opinions are considered invalid.
#9Stelman257Posted 10/20/2013 11:33:35 AM
I had a friend who had never played Pokèmon before get steamrolled by Cheren in Black 2.

Just sayin', when you've been with a series for so long and the core gameplay hasn't changed genres or anything, it's hard for it to challenge your jaded, veteran mind.
---
"We have choices. Some people like to stand in the rain without an umbrella. That's what it means to live free."
#10Caolan_2k9(Topic Creator)Posted 10/20/2013 11:34:09 AM
Unown_201 posted...
What is really needed is true difficulty settings. Its the only way to make everyone happy.

Agreed!
I've never understood the lack of a proper difficulty setting, that way the younger players could have fun while more seasoned players could have a challenge.