This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ultimate Berry Farm Guide (small spoilers)

#1BaronBisclavretPosted 10/20/2013 7:17:16 PM
Introduction:

Route 7 is where your berry farming begins! When you first get to the Berry Fields, the farm owner will ask you if you'd like to take over the farm. If you say yes, he'll give you five Oran Berries, five Pecha Berries, and the watering can, called Sprinklotad in this Generation.

Basics:

To plant a Berry, simply face an empty plot of soil, and press "A". Mulch can be used on soil to bring different effects to the Berry Tree. If you have Mulch, the option "Use Mulch" will also be present. Mulch must be used before you plant a berry (if you even want to use any), and not after. If you press "A" on a patch of soil that you've put mulch on, it'll say which kind has been used in that plot. To water a Berry, simply press "A" on the occupied patch, and you will have the option to water the soil. If you have a few Berries planted beside each other, you can water them one after the other without "speaking" to each plot one at a time. To do this, simply begin water a plot of soil, and move left or right after you've watered the first patch, to water the next one.

Mulch:

There are two composters on the Berry Farm. One in the north-west corner, and one in the south-east corner. To use it, press "A". To make Mulch, you will need three Berries. There are four Mulches that can be made, but only three are available early on.

"Rich Mulch: Use three different-colored Berries.
Surprise Mulch: Use three same-colored Berries.
Boost Mulch: Use two same-colored Berries and one different-colored Berry.
Amaze Mulch: There are two Berries that can make Amaze Mulch if you add either one of them to a Mulch mix. Try adding lots of different Berries and see if you can discover which ones are the necessary ingredients!

TIP: The two Berries needed to make Amaze Mulch are both Berries that have never been found in another region. But where can you get Berries that have not been discovered before? Perhaps they arise from some sort of mutation..."
Effect of Amaze Mulch: "Has the effects of the other three Mulches in one. It increases your Berry harvest, dries out the soil, and makes mutations more likely."

Berry Color:

Blue: Apicot, Coba, Kelpsy, Maranga, Oran, Passho, Rowap, Yache
Green: Aguav, Babiri, Durin, Hondew, Kebia, Lum, Micle, Rabuta, Rawst, Rindo, Salac, Starf, Tanga, Wepear
Pink: Mago, Magost, Nanab, Pecha, Persim, Petaya, Roseli, Watmel
Purple: Belue, Bluk, Chesto, Colbur, Cornn, Ganlon, Kasib, Pamtre, Payapa, Wiki
Red: Cheri, Chople, Custap, Figy, Haban, Lansat, Leppa, Liechi, Occa, Pomeg, Spelon, Tamato
Yellow: Aspear, Charti, Chilan, Grepa, Iapapa, Jaboca, Kee, Nomel, Pinap, Qualot, Shuca, Sitrus, Wacan

---------------Continued ---------------
---
3DS friend code: 4312-9763-0727
Black2 friend code: 0519 7157 3626
#2BaronBisclavret(Topic Creator)Posted 10/20/2013 7:17:37 PM
Mutations:

Mutations can sometimes happen when two different trees are beside each other; this makes a different Berry than the two parents grow on one of the trees. For example, Leppa and Aspear will sometimes cause a mutation. There are only thirteen Berries that are available through mutations; they cannot be obtained by any other means.

After your first mutation happens, a scientist will arrive and stop you when you try to leave. You can find her in the farmer's house after that. When you speak to her, you can find out how many mutations have happened, and which Berries cause which mutation.

Note: Another fourteen Berries cannot be found in the Kalos region, and can only be obtained by trading from another region.

Mutation List:

Apicot Berry: Kelpsy Berry + Wacan Berry
Ganlon Berry: Qualot Berry + Tanga Berry
Grepa Berry: Aguav Berry + Figy Berry
Hondew Berry: Aspear Berry + Leppa Berry
Kee Berry: ??
Kelpsy Berry: Chesto Berry + Persim Berry
Liechi Berry: Hondew Berry + Yache Berry
Maranga Berry: ??
Petaya Berry: Pomeg Berry + Kasib Berry
Pomeg Berry: Iapapa Berry + Mago Berry
Qualot Berry: Oran Berry + Pecha Berry
Tamato Berry: Sitrus Berry + Lum Berry

Berry Tree Bugs:

You can sometimes find Bug-types while farming..

Burmy: Rawst, Lum, Aguav, Wepear, Hondew, Rabuta, Durin, Rindo, Kebia, Tanga, Babiri, Salac, Starf, Micle

Combee: Aspear, Sitrus, Iapapa, Pinap, Qualot, Grepa, Nomel, Wacan, Shuca, Charti, Chilan, Jaboca, Kee

Illumise: Chesto, Wiki, Bluk, Cornn, Pamtre, Belue, Payapa, Kasib, Colbur, Ganlon

Ledyba: Cheri, Leppa, Figy, Razz, Pomeg, Tamato, Spelon, Occa, Chople, Haban, Liechi, Lansat, Custap

Spewpa: Pecha, Persim, Mago, Nanab, Magost, Watmel, Petaya, Roseli

Volbeat: Oran, Kelpsy, Passho, Yache, Coba, Apicot, Rowap, Maranga

Berry Tree Locations:

There are fifteen berry trees in Kalos that each produce one Berry per week. Each tree produces a different Berry. Here are the Berry names and locations:

Aguav Berry Tree: Route 6
Aspear Berry Tree: Route 12
Figy Berry Tree: Route 21
Iapapa Berry Tree: Route 10
Kasib Berry Tree: Route 20
Leppa Berry Tree: Route 15
Lum Berry Tree: Route 16
Mago Berry Tree: Route 8
Oran Berry Tree: Route 5
Persim Berry Tree: Route 7
Roseli Berry Tree: Route 14
Sitrus Berry Tree: Route 11
Tanga Berry Tree: Route 22
Wacan Berry Tree: Route 18
Yache Berry Tree: Route 19

Sources are myself, the "Pokemon X & Pokemon Y: The Official Kalos Region Guidebook" and http://www.serebii.net/xy/berryfields.shtml

If there are any mistakes or missing info, please let me know via reply or PM. This message has been posted on each the X and Y board.
---
#3Destroyer_713Posted 10/20/2013 7:20:30 PM
This is just my opinion, but you may want to list out what effect each individual mulch has on berries, not just for the Amaze Mulch.
---
*I am not a car*
#4TutelarSwordPosted 10/20/2013 7:23:55 PM
Destroyer_713 posted...
This is just my opinion, but you may want to list out what effect each individual mulch has on berries, not just for the Amaze Mulch.

You really should do this for it to truly be the "Ultimate Berry Farm Guide".
---
Proud to like ALL of the new starter evolutions, and plans on using all three on my in game team.
3DS FC: 2938-7055-6872 Add me please and give me your FC!
#5FuneralCakePosted 10/20/2013 7:25:41 PM
This guide is not really all that "ultimate." For this to be the actual "ultimate" guide, it would list every berry mutation combination, how to get Amaze Mulch, and all the other information we don't know right now.
---
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
3DS FC: 3437 - 4335 - 3104
#6Flow_149Posted 10/20/2013 7:29:16 PM
So mutations work if berries are together on the same plot right?
So like this?

BerryA - BerryB
Empty - Empty

And not like this?

Berry A - Empty
Berry B - Empty
---
3DS: 3411-1638-1024 Cera
#7BaronBisclavret(Topic Creator)Posted 10/20/2013 7:29:59 PM
Destroyer_713 posted...

Will add next time I post this..

FuneralCake posted...
This guide is not really all that "ultimate." For this to be the actual "ultimate" guide, it would list every berry mutation combination, how to get Amaze Mulch, and all the other information we don't know right now.

It doesn't include all info possible on the berry farm, but it does (to the best of my knowledge) have the most info.
---
#8BaronBisclavret(Topic Creator)Posted 10/20/2013 7:32:58 PM
Flow_149 posted...
So mutations work if berries are together on the same plot right?
So like this?

BerryA - BerryB
Empty - Empty

And not like this?

Berry A - Empty
Berry B - Empty

No.. The different Berry trees have to be beside each other, each in a different plot.

Example:

X = empty
L = Leppa
A = Aspear

X X L A X X

The L and A plots have a chance to grow a "mutated" berry.

Also, I suppose I should add examples the next time I post it.
---
#9RVR-87Posted 10/21/2013 7:32:58 PM
bump
---
3DS FC: 2921-9084-8413
#10aDirtyShisnoPosted 10/21/2013 8:15:21 PM
BaronBisclavret posted...
Note: Another fourteen Berries cannot be found in the Kalos region, and can only be obtained by trading from another region.
!!!???

Well, something is confirmed, especially considering that the Pokebank doesn't allow items.
---
...and he was never heard from again.