This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How does Mega Evolution work?

#1phalnxPosted 10/20/2013 8:28:02 PM
Been playing in the Battle Maison and during double battles, MegaGardevoir is going slower than Goodra on the turn it evolves, but turn2+ it'll be faster

So how do stats work on the first turn? Is it only speed that stays the same when you Mega evolve or are all stats the same when you mega evolve?
#2phalnx(Topic Creator)Posted 10/20/2013 8:31:14 PM
bump
#3mumpsy21Posted 10/20/2013 8:33:12 PM
Isn't it a bit unusual for them to leave a random 1 stat to not change until the next?

Goodra probably used a prioritized attack and so it went first.
---
Nintendo FC: 2063-0552-1565
The dark one shall rise and break us free from the binding chains of light.
#4phalnx(Topic Creator)Posted 10/20/2013 8:35:48 PM
No, it happens every single time

Goodra has 30 more speed than my Gardevoir, and I'm pretty sure Goodra doesn't learn any priority (maybe)
#5umbra_fuhrerPosted 10/20/2013 8:40:16 PM
They probably just give you the animation for your Mega Evolution first, while the stat changes dont happen until you actually attack.

You mega evolve, but your pokemon still hasnt technically had its turn, the game is going off the un evolved stats. Then the enemy pokemon who is faster attacks, then your turn hits, then all the stat changes kick in.

That or it was using a priority move or the Pokemon has some sort of hold item that increases speed. Or its speed is still higher then your mega evolution.
#6phalnx(Topic Creator)Posted 10/20/2013 8:41:47 PM
umbra_fuhrer posted...
You mega evolve, but your pokemon still hasnt technically had its turn, the game is going off the un evolved stats. Then the enemy pokemon who is faster attacks, then your turn hits, then all the stat changes kick in.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, but want a confirmation (unless no one knows)