This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

is there a really good place to train pokemon to prepare for the elite four?

#1ZeroJinKuiPosted 10/20/2013 8:31:10 PM
i've reached the pokemon league just now, and... i really dont think i am ready to fight them, i've always trained to level 100 before fighting them in past games... strangely, im usually already at level 100 when i get to them... but i got to them at a lower level in this game.

seems the strongest wild pokemon i can find are in victory road, but they're just under level 60 and are barely giving me any experience at all.

it doesnt seem possible to fight trainers again, either... and they provide the most experience... i know there is the chateau, but that place sucks, with my opponents being in the 20's, and i can only fight there once a day, anyway... its more for money than anything else.

so... is there any decent place to train my pokemon?
---
"You think you can just come here and attack us?"
"You must be crazy, or just plain stupid!"-Meng Huo
#2ZeroJinKui(Topic Creator)Posted 10/20/2013 8:34:20 PM
...bump.

board moving too damn fast.
---
#3lunarswordPosted 10/20/2013 8:34:50 PM
other than Victory Road I guess not. My whole team was about level 70 (EXP share, i don't care) by the E4 and they were stupid easy. The whole game is basically a cakewalk as long as you have a good Fighting type and Psychic (Lucario and Gardevoir carried my whole team mostly)
---
"This is all me. This is ALL ME!"
Video play throughs at - http://www.youtube.com/user/DreadArkive
#4ZeroJinKui(Topic Creator)Posted 10/20/2013 9:10:49 PM
well, my whole party ranges from the 70's to 90's... except yveltal, who is just over level 50... though im trying to decide if i wanna replace it with zoroark since i found one of those.

my party at the moment is...

delphox
charizard
blaziken
lucario
pidgeot
yveltal

i've used the first three for the whole game, and i caught pidgey early on and used it the whole game, as well... my lucario is the one im given by that gym leader.

i might try my hand at the elite four... but i doubt i will have as easy a time as you, because i go all-out offensive... i dont bother with altering status, powering my pokemon up, etc...
---
#5lunarswordPosted 10/20/2013 9:14:59 PM
All I ever do is attack. Pokemon is pretty much, to me, just a more detailed version of rock, scissors, paper. You get the elemental advantage first, you win.
---
"This is all me. This is ALL ME!"
Video play throughs at - http://www.youtube.com/user/DreadArkive
#6notedeathPosted 10/20/2013 9:18:11 PM(edited)
If you're in your 70s, then you're good enough. I fought them in my 70s, only my blaziken being 80+, and I didn't need any buffs or debuffs to win. All out offensive, not much of a problem.
---
A decade has passed but it was all worth the wait for Kingdom Hearts 3.
#7MaruKazeryuPosted 10/20/2013 9:18:32 PM
ZeroJinKui posted...
well, my whole party ranges from the 70's to 90's... except yveltal, who is just over level 50... though im trying to decide if i wanna replace it with zoroark since i found one of those.

my party at the moment is...

delphox
charizard
blaziken
lucario
pidgeot
yveltal

i've used the first three for the whole game, and i caught pidgey early on and used it the whole game, as well... my lucario is the one im given by that gym leader.

i might try my hand at the elite four... but i doubt i will have as easy a time as you, because i go all-out offensive... i dont bother with altering status, powering my pokemon up, etc...

if your pokemon are 70-90 then you're way overleveled already
---
4639-9811-6534 -Pokemon X/Y Friend Code. PM if you add
Friend Safari: Grumpig, Sigilyph, Girafarig
#8ZeroJinKui(Topic Creator)Posted 10/20/2013 9:44:34 PM
MaruKazeryu posted...

eh, i dunno... i usually dont feel right unless i make the AI piss itself in fear.

an entire party of level 100 pokemon sounds better to me.
---
#9rightzzzyPosted 10/20/2013 9:46:32 PM
Your Yveltal alone could probably take the league on with some ethers.
---
3DS FC: 3024-5785-6894
#10shadowenclave47Posted 10/20/2013 9:48:29 PM
ZeroJinKui posted...
MaruKazeryu posted...

eh, i dunno... i usually dont feel right unless i make the AI piss itself in fear.

an entire party of level 100 pokemon sounds better to me.

It seems like we have the same play style.