This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

"____ shouldnt have been Fairy type because it's not a fairy."

#1mech dragonPosted 10/20/2013 11:34:11 PM
I hear this a lot when people talk about Snubull and Marill. Also when people bring up the fact that Misdreavus/Mismagius, and other "non-fairy" Pokemon should have been assigned the Fairy typing. Yes, they should have been.

Most grass Pokemon aren't grass either, except Oddish. And Oddish isn't really grass either. Other grass pokemon that aren't grass:
Exeggcute
Bublasaur
Vileplume
Chespin
Ludicolo
Celebi
Victribell
Gogoat
Sawsbuck
etc

Grass Pokemon are random creatures that have plant features. They are not necessarily grass.
Fairy Pokemon are random creatures that have magical features. They are not necessarily fairies.
Magical features can be anything.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZCcEmHO.jpg http://i.imgur.com/OHcGZ4e.jpg
#2BlocktopusPosted 10/21/2013 9:31:51 AM
ok
---
http://i.imgur.com/f09dfvV.jpg
#3GotenksgetoPosted 10/21/2013 9:36:21 AM
mech dragon posted...

Most grass Pokemon aren't grass either, except Oddish. And Oddish isn't really grass either.

You realize that that makes absolutely zero sense, right?
---
This sig will not change until something impossible happens. Started 10/9/05
Brawl FC: 2363-5458-1028 GamerTag/Wii Name/PSN: KNEVER
#4MasterSpectrobePosted 10/21/2013 9:42:50 AM
mech dragon posted...
I hear this a lot when people talk about Snubull and Marill. Also when people bring up the fact that Misdreavus/Mismagius, and other "non-fairy" Pokemon should have been assigned the Fairy typing. Yes, they should have been.

Most grass Pokemon aren't grass either, except Oddish. And Oddish isn't really grass either. Other grass pokemon that aren't grass:
Exeggcute
Bublasaur
Vileplume
Chespin
Ludicolo
Celebi
Victribell
Gogoat
Sawsbuck
etc

Grass Pokemon are random creatures that have plant features. They are not necessarily grass.
Fairy Pokemon are random creatures that have magical features. They are not necessarily fairies.

All the pokemon you listed have some kind of plant life growing in or out of them, this topic makes no damn sense. And before you make the argument that Plant=/=Grass think that not every type in Pokemon is meant to be taken to it's absolute literal meaning.
---
I pity the fool who takes this topic seriously >_>
#5ShyvanaPosted 10/21/2013 9:44:47 AM
Bulbasaur isn't... grass to you? Huh.
---
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/9412/comeatmebro1.png
didn't america win the civil war? - lunarknight64 (Posted 11/10/2009 3:15:32 PM)
#6kentdsfreakPosted 10/21/2013 9:45:06 AM
I also wondered why those chose the term "Grass" over "Plant"
---
3DS friend code: 3153 4218 0341 name: Kent ACNL town: Columbia
~Visit my Dream: 4800-2672-2882~
#7JustwanttolookPosted 10/21/2013 9:45:41 AM
MasterSpectrobe posted...
mech dragon posted...

Exeggcute
Bublasaur
Vileplume
Chespin
Ludicolo
Celebi
Victribell
Gogoat
Sawsbuck
etc

All the pokemon you listed have some kind of plant life growing in or out of them, this topic makes no damn sense. And before you make the argument that Plant=/=Grass think that not every type in Pokemon is meant to be taken to it's absolute literal meaning.

It makes sense because it is the GRASS type not plant type. none of the above Pokemon have GRASS on them. Likewise Fairy type is not exclusive to actual fairies but also things similar to fairies.
---
Steel Type alone is responsible for the slow Death of the Pokemon Franchise.
Gym Leader Wulfric is mai Husbando!
#8GolurkcanflyPosted 10/21/2013 9:46:01 AM
Shyvana posted...
Bulbasaur isn't... grass to you? Huh.

Psst. It's Dinosaur-Type.
---
Official Amnesiac Darkrai of the Pokemon X Board
You know why spiders know how to spin webs when they hatch? Because F*** You! That's why.
#9Flintlock_StaffPosted 10/21/2013 9:47:18 AM
Gogoat has grass growing on its back... It's hidden ability is... guess what? GRASS pelt...
---
Midnight Knights Co-Leader and Bow/Arm Master
Gotta Stay Upbeat Upbeat Upbeat! Or You'll Be Dead Meat Dead Meat Dead Meat! FC 0533-4504-8392
#10jokrayzPosted 10/21/2013 9:47:21 AM
Gotenksgeto posted...
mech dragon posted...

Most grass Pokemon aren't grass either, except Oddish. And Oddish isn't really grass either.

You realize that that makes absolutely zero sense, right?

---
3DS FC: 0576 4831 1350