This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

"____ shouldnt have been Fairy type because it's not a fairy."

#31Dante2049Posted 10/21/2013 1:26:27 PM
jokrayz posted...
Justwanttolook posted...
jokrayz posted...
LegoTechnic posted...
Now that this is settled, let us begin the discussion on the constitutional meaning of the term "Normal type", and how normalcy should be defined within the confines of a pokemon world, especially but not limited to a comparison with various "Fighting type" examples as we come across them.

By TC's absurd logic. fighting would probably be the most understandable ones as they somewhat look like fighting styles in real life.

a boxer.
a kick boxer.
a wrestler (one with a championship belt).
judo?akido? (whatever throh and sawk are based off of)
caporeira? (hitmontop might be considered this)
a luchadore

what else am i missing?

Aren't most Fighting types based on such things. Even Scrafty and Pangoro are based of people who are known to get into fights frequently.

I want to say yes. but i don't know what scrafty is supposed to be.. and I was under the impression pancham was a panda. :(

scrafy-Gangster
Pangoro-Banchou
---
"It is the same for anyone As long as you are dreaming, the dream will never reveal itself to you."-Zinzolin
#32RaltriosPosted 10/21/2013 1:35:22 PM
MaplesGrandGM posted...
First, you're over simplifying for the sake of your argument, thus you have no better argument, so you already lost.

Oh lord, the enormous ego, it burns! There was nothing to 'lose' here, as there was no 'argument' to begin with.

Anyway, I understand TC. He was merely noting that getting into a tiff over what pokes are which type is a pointless exercise, as there are many 'mons that don't seem to fit in with the name of their type. For example, Doduo is part Flying yet it cannot fly (HM02 notwithstanding). Goomy is a slime (which you'd think would be Water or perhaps Poison) but is pure Dragon. And as mentioned before, Foongus and Amoongus are based on fungi, not plants like you'd expect for something under the Grass heading.

And I agree. Saying Azumarill can't be a Fairy is like saying Jirachi shouldn't be Steel. It doesn't look like it's made of metal, yet it's been ages since anyone made a remark about that. Just accept and move on.
---
3DS FC: 3050 - 7604 - 7991
#33AngellicAbyssPosted 10/22/2013 6:05:49 PM
Calling troll on this one.
#34gamefattyPosted 10/23/2013 3:03:20 AM
"DUDE OPEN UP! I'M A FAIRY!"
*creepy grin*
---
3DS FC: 2191-7755-8090 PSN: GuardianCraze
Floor ice cream gives you health!
#35ssyl9Posted 10/23/2013 10:27:01 PM
just gonna put this in...

Ground pokemon... are not the ground either.. for obvious reasons...
---
FC: 3496-9980-2182
#36pokemonfreak97Posted 10/25/2013 6:24:13 AM
Kruploy posted...
Name one water pokemon that is water.

LOL

Frillish and Jellicent are ghost jellyfish made out of water...
---
Generation (pi)(i).
When you see this, raise e to the generation and add 1. Social experiment.
#37the_cajun88Posted 10/25/2013 6:44:28 AM
Kruploy posted...
Name one water pokemon that is water.

LOL

Vaporeon
---
University of Tennessee Alumni
http://i.imgur.com/jC1P9wo.jpg