This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

IV Training.

#1megaxleoxPosted 10/21/2013 8:47:57 AM
So, I've got 3 different dittos each one having 31 IV on two stats, the 3 complete the six main stats.
And now I want to breed perfect mons for my entire team.

Problem is, is more tedious than it sounds.
Started with my Timid Greninja, gave it Everstone and Destiny Knot for the Ditto.
3 eggs with newborn froakies, all of them with ONLY 31 at Atk.

I don't have time or patience for this so I'll ask right away, it's perfectly fine if instead of breeding for 5 perfect IV's I only breed for the IV's they need?
I'm planning to use power Items to only breed two eggs with Sp Atk and Speed for my timid mons.
---
3DS FC: 3969-4803-6478
Games: MH3U - ACNL - PKMN Y
#2MizuhoChamaPosted 10/21/2013 8:48:52 AM
I'm looking forward to someone not reading and saying "IV's can't be trained."
---
Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit."-Vyse the Legend
PSN - MizuhoChan 3DS - 3523 2022 4853
#3KementarriPosted 10/21/2013 8:51:47 AM
Greninja is specially annoying because you need to keep breeding female ones so that they pass down Protean, and with only 12.5% chance of being female it can take a while.

I was lucky enough to find a 31/x/31/x/31/31 and x/31/x/31/x/31 Dittos. But it was still a pain in the arse so I settled for a x/31/31/28-30/31/31.

TBH, most would say the most important IVs are Speed/Attack stat/HP. So you should probably go at least those 3 considering how much easier it is now.
---
3DS FC: 3265-6079-5288 IGN:Mythic
Ground Safari
#4Return_of_the_VPosted 10/21/2013 8:52:08 AM
Yes, it is perfectly fine.

Speed is the most crucial stat to get exactly where you want it to be, however I will suggest that until you have at least 5~ish total perfect IVs to pass down, I wouldn't recommend using Destiny Knot yet. Use a Power item and forcefully pass down one of the Ditto's good stats that you do want, so that every baby is guaranteed at least one good stat, and you breed until they inherit the second stat too.

I'd personally say to reference/follow the guidelines laid out by the sticky thread on breeding for IVs.
(This is the link for it)
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67535721

And yeah, first thing I thought when I read the topic title was in fact, "IVs can't be trained (silly rabbit)!!!"
---
IGN: Suiteheart
FC: 0877-1271-5967
#5Return_of_the_VPosted 10/21/2013 8:53:36 AM
Kementarri posted...
Greninja is specially annoying because you need to keep breeding female ones so that they pass down Protean, and with only 12.5% chance of being female it can take a while.

I was lucky enough to find a 31/x/31/x/31/31 and x/31/x/31/x/31 Dittos. But it was still a pain in the arse so I settled for a x/31/31/28-30/31/31.

TBH, most would say the most important IVs are Speed/Attack stat/HP. So you should probably go at least those 3 considering how much easier it is now.

It doesn't need to be female, I didn't even have a female and I have a half full box of Protean Froakies. The other half of the same box is full of Torrent Froakies. Pretty sure this is only the case for Ditto breeding however.
---
#6megaxleox(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2013 8:56:42 AM
Return_of_the_V posted...
Yes, it is perfectly fine.

Speed is the most crucial stat to get exactly where you want it to be, however I will suggest that until you have at least 5~ish total perfect IVs to pass down, I wouldn't recommend using Destiny Knot yet. Use a Power item and forcefully pass down one of the Ditto's good stats that you do want, so that every baby is guaranteed at least one good stat, and you breed until they inherit the second stat too.

I'd personally say to reference/follow the guidelines laid out by the sticky thread on breeding for IVs.
(This is the link for it)
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67535721

And yeah, first thing I thought when I read the topic title was in fact, "IVs can't be trained (silly rabbit)!!!"

I'm planning to get the power items for Sp.Atk and Speed for Gardevoir-Greninja-Jolteon-Charizard and settle the eggs with those IV only, it's so much of a pain in the ass breeding for 5 perfect IV's...
---
#7KementarriPosted 10/21/2013 8:57:15 AM
Kementarri posted...

It doesn't need to be female, I didn't even have a female and I have a half full box of Protean Froakies. The other half of the same box is full of Torrent Froakies. Pretty sure this is only the case for Ditto breeding however.

Male Froakes don't pass down Protean. Pretty sure they still don't even if you breed it with a ditto, i could be wrong. Do males who breed with dittos act like the female? o.O if so i never knew that.
---
3DS FC: 3265-6079-5288 IGN:Mythic
Ground Safari
#8Return_of_the_VPosted 10/21/2013 9:01:13 AM
I believe the probability when breeding Male with a Ditto is if not the same as a Female, then is darn close. I assure you that I have never bred once with a Female, only a Timid Male Froakie and a random Friend Safari Ditto, enough to fill a whole box. And it looks to be around a 50:50 ratio of Protean to Torrent.

However, I do believe that breeding a Male Protean Froakie with a Torrent female will either not work, or only very very rarely work.
---
#9megaxleox(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2013 9:03:41 AM
I believe the probability when breeding Male with a Ditto is if not the same as a Female, then is darn close. I assure you that I have never bred once with a Female, only a Timid Male Froakie and a random Friend Safari Ditto, enough to fill a whole box. And it looks to be around a 50:50 ratio of Protean to Torrent.

However, I do believe that breeding a Male Protean Froakie with a Torrent female will either not work, or only very very rarely work.

I forgot about Protean.
I guess I'll catch a Protean Female Frogadier in Friend Safari and only breed it with a 31 Speed IV Ditto with the speed Power Item... but then there's the nature...
Man IV's are frustrating...
---