This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

YR: A Gen 3 remake for the 3DS is announced, but...

#11GhoullyXPosted 10/21/2013 12:02:15 PM
Colloseum was awesome. Probably the hardest pokemon games in existence too. I still remember the final boss of the first one using a Slaking+ Skillswap combo and having a godly team in general.
---
"Jokes are like cheese, OK? Sometimes the best ones stink the most!"
#12kitsuruPosted 10/21/2013 12:04:15 PM
It's not a Hownn remake if it's of the Orre region. Orre is a desert, even in XD it was nothing like the surf-center of the world that is Hoenn. Orre doesn't have gyms, either, and the overall gaming experience of the Coliseum games was entirely apart from any of the ones in the main series, and I can't imagine how they'd incorporate the storyline of R/S/E into a region where, iirc, you don't even see an ocean or more than one mountain. The geography of Hoenn is the most integral of any of the generations to the storyline--while the Legendary dogs could reasonably be transported to Orre to help stabilize the climate and habitat, Groudon and Kyogre would only be good for tearing it--and the rest of the world--apart. Bringing Rayquaza, although I could imagine it being brought there as Lugia was or just showing up like Ho-oh--along would just be a way to stop them and send them away, not control them. While Hoenn DOES have a desert, that's only a small part of the region.

That being said, I loved Hoenn and Orre both, and remakes of either are high on my hopes-for list.
#13DullahansXMarkPosted 10/21/2013 12:05:46 PM
Considering RSE were disappointing to me, I wouldn't mind at all. Especially since I love the gameplay of Colosseum/XD. Still Pokemon battles, yeah, but there's no gyms, no Elite Four. Just fighting crime in a lawless wasteland.

Kinda feels like Trigun!
---
3DS Friend Code: 2707-2336-9403
#14Gsus_94Posted 10/21/2013 12:06:58 PM
I didn't like that it was basically all double battles. but i enjoyed the games anyway.
---
3DS FC: 0473 7779 6792
ACNL: Melo from Besaid
#15GhoullyXPosted 10/21/2013 12:49:25 PM
The first 5 minutes in the first game was the most amazing thing in any pokemon game ever.
---
"Jokes are like cheese, OK? Sometimes the best ones stink the most!"