This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are pokesav and pokegen...considered cheating....?

#31BowsaaPosted 10/21/2013 12:55:34 PM
Golurkcanfly posted...
It gives them the unfair advantage because they didn't build those Pokemon. They simply chose them and got them, so there was no effort required. If you play in any competition and you don't realize that in order to play, you need to put actual effort into it, then you are the single dumbest person I have met on these forums.

Breeding isn't an effort, it's a timesink.

And what advantage is there from not building the Pokemon? In the battle, they're all the same. There's no unfair advantage.

Golurkcanfly posted...
@P.S.

It's against the rules.

Which rules?
---
RENAMON!! *weeping* YOU HAVEN'T BENT ANYONE OVER THE SINK AND SHOVED A "CHECK THE STICKY* UP THEIR ASS IN MONTHS!! *curls into ball crying*- Cither3000
#32RoyalDroneXPosted 10/22/2013 9:23:06 PM
Bowsaa posted...
Golurkcanfly posted...
It gives them the unfair advantage because they didn't build those Pokemon. They simply chose them and got them, so there was no effort required. If you play in any competition and you don't realize that in order to play, you need to put actual effort into it, then you are the single dumbest person I have met on these forums.

And what advantage is there from not building the Pokemon? In the battle, they're all the same. There's no unfair advantage.

Golurkcanfly posted...
@P.S.

It's against the rules.

Which rules?

breeding isn't much of a timesink anymore thanks to easier methods (both parents have a chance to move egg moves to each other. Destiny Knot bringing 5 random IVs over one) You have hatching power and of course, Flame Body/Magma armor.

In a way, it IS fair as people don't know your pokemon are generated in ratings/VGCs

the common rules of VGCs state that you're not allowed to use hacked pokemon (Pokegen/AR/whatever) will get you Disqualified and banned from VGCs
---
3DS Friend Code: 0387-9017-6003
#33jasam01Posted 10/23/2013 2:28:23 PM
Ignoring a handful of pokemon, anyone can get perfect IVs with a moderate waste of time.

I'm finding it harder to care. I don't generaly like forcing people to spend abitary grind to be able to participate in fun with everyone else.
---
Golden Sun DS ^^
#34ChronoAcePosted 10/23/2013 2:30:51 PM
There is really 0 excuse to hack anymore in these games. Getting perfect IV Pokes is a joke now and EV training takes about 10-15 minutes with horde battles.
#35GolurkcanflyPosted 10/23/2013 2:32:47 PM
RoyalDroneX posted...
Bowsaa posted...
Golurkcanfly posted...

Golurkcanfly posted...
@P.S.

It's against the rules.

Which rules?

breeding isn't much of a timesink anymore thanks to easier methods (both parents have a chance to move egg moves to each other. Destiny Knot bringing 5 random IVs over one) You have hatching power and of course, Flame Body/Magma armor.

In a way, it IS fair as people don't know your pokemon are generated in ratings/VGCs

the common rules of VGCs state that you're not allowed to use hacked pokemon (Pokegen/AR/whatever) will get you Disqualified and banned from VGCs

Not really.

People don't understand that fairness is not equality in-battle, it is equality in-game and equal opportunity.
---
Official Amnesiac Darkrai of the Pokemon X Board
You know why spiders know how to spin webs when they hatch? Because F*** You! That's why.