This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the point of Sushi High Roller?

#1Kinneth123Posted 10/21/2013 6:59:44 PM
I don't think I did that poorly (Every dish I got one turn under the number they gave with the exception of one since that irritable woman kept spamming dig. >.>), and the items received at the end of the battle sequence still didn't make up for the entry cost (not even close!), so is there a point to it?
---
3DS FC: 1332-8189-4231
Pokemon Friend Safari: Ground-type, Dugtrio, Wooper, Gastrodon.
#2Flintlock_StaffPosted 10/21/2013 7:00:41 PM
You have to go through it multiple times, and the owner starts to give you a discount for getting in. Apparently it'll eventually make you more of a profit than le wow.
---
Midnight Knights Co-Leader and Bow/Arm Master
Gotta Stay Upbeat Upbeat Upbeat! Or You'll Be Dead Meat Dead Meat Dead Meat! FC 0533-4504-8392
#3x_ParadisePosted 10/21/2013 7:01:37 PM
I did Le Wow once after I beat the E4 and made back about 2.5x what I paid.
---
http://justofeelalive.tumblr.com/
matt - 3909 8004 5682
#4muffinmasherPosted 10/21/2013 7:01:50 PM
Is there a guide anywhere for what the restaurants will give you?

I'd like to go through Sushi High Roller, but also don't want to waste all my cash on nothing yet.
---
3DS FC: 0173-1320-7190
"Barkley: Shut up and jam! Gaiden" Is the best RPG of all time.
#5Kinneth123(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2013 7:03:11 PM
muffinmasher posted...

I'd like to go through Sushi High Roller, but also don't want to waste all my cash on nothing yet.

The first one gives you tiny mushrooms, the second gives you balm mushrooms, and High Roller gives you big nuggets.

I think how many you get is tied to your performance, as they each give you a number of turns you're supposed to beat them under.
---
3DS FC: 1332-8189-4231
Pokemon Friend Safari: Ground-type, Dugtrio, Wooper, Gastrodon.
#6LightHawKnightPosted 10/23/2013 12:52:19 AM
Flintlock_Staff posted...
You have to go through it multiple times, and the owner starts to give you a discount for getting in. Apparently it'll eventually make you more of a profit than le wow.

Ah, so that is why I only need 90, to do le wow instead of over 100k. Going to farm Sushi High Roller after making some big bucks first... that 450k... So hard to get into.

Kinneth123 posted...
muffinmasher posted...

The first one gives you tiny mushrooms, the second gives you balm mushrooms, and High Roller gives you big nuggets.

I think how many you get is tied to your performance, as they each give you a number of turns you're supposed to beat them under.

It is not under. It is exact. You have to meet that exact number for each and every battle to get the best prize at the end. Which is just more stuff. I think the cap is 25 or 26, somewhere that high.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#7Gameandwatch2Posted 10/23/2013 12:53:42 AM
Does the entry fee really go down with repeated visits?

I know you get a 10% discount for max stylishness.
---
Black 2 FC: 3654-8394-0937
3DS FC: 4511-1815-7291
#8jaxson_batemanPosted 10/23/2013 1:05:28 AM(edited)
Firstly, you don't actually want to get under the number of turns they give. To get the best result, you want to go that many turns exactly, as well as not having any pokemon faint. However, if Sushi High Roller is anything like the other 3 restaurants before it, heaps of pokemon have Protect, so unless you can Sleep the last poke the turn before the goal, or have a poke with Faint (or other anti-protect move like Future Sight), it can be difficult to guarantee a perfect run (for the runs in the other restaurants where I've gone for it, I used Venasaur to Sleep Powder their last poke on the second last turn - still not a guarantee given it isn't 100% accurate and sleep could break on the next turn). You'll also likely get pokes here and there that have Sturdy, which is another ball breaker for perfect attempts.

Secondly, someone mentioned that it goes Tiny - Balm - whatever Sushi gives you. There's a 2 star restaurant in one of the Avenues too, which gives Big mushrooms - it's where I primarily levelled before completing the game (three of my main players, a traded Fenniken, Chespin and Torchic, would level up too quickly between gyms - so rather than risk disobedience in the middle of a route I'd level them to X1 via the restaurant then box them).

I can't give much information on Sushi as I haven't bothered having a go at it yet (that entry fee really turned me off), but I'd be surprised if it yielded more cash than Battle Chateau with the Gold Writ of Invitation and Red Writ of Challenge (plus prize money boost lv 3) which can easily yield ~500k in ~8 minutes if you've allowed all the trainers to 'refresh', have an Amulet Coin on your lead poke and rush through as many trainers as possible with two prize money boost lv 3 activations.

Edit: As for discounts, the 2 star restaurant ended up giving me a 1500 discount - I can't confirm why though. I thought it might be because I had done a perfect clear of the triple battle, but doing the same in the three star restaurant yielded no discount.
---
3DS FC: 4184-2229-7134; PM if you want me to add you for Friend Safari goodness!
#9LightHawKnightPosted 10/23/2013 1:25:40 AM
jaxson_bateman posted...
Firstly, you don't actually want to get under the number of turns they give. To get the best result, you want to go that many turns exactly, as well as not having any pokemon faint. However, if Sushi High Roller is anything like the other 3 restaurants before it, heaps of pokemon have Protect, so unless you can Sleep the last poke the turn before the goal, or have a poke with Faint (or other anti-protect move like Future Sight), it can be difficult to guarantee a perfect run (for the runs in the other restaurants where I've gone for it, I used Venasaur to Sleep Powder their last poke on the second last turn - still not a guarantee given it isn't 100% accurate and sleep could break on the next turn). You'll also likely get pokes here and there that have Sturdy, which is another ball breaker for perfect attempts.

Secondly, someone mentioned that it goes Tiny - Balm - whatever Sushi gives you. There's a 2 star restaurant in one of the Avenues too, which gives Big mushrooms - it's where I primarily levelled before completing the game (three of my main players, a traded Fenniken, Chespin and Torchic, would level up too quickly between gyms - so rather than risk disobedience in the middle of a route I'd level them to X1 via the restaurant then box them).

I can't give much information on Sushi as I haven't bothered having a go at it yet (that entry fee really turned me off), but I'd be surprised if it yielded more cash than Battle Chateau with the Gold Writ of Invitation and Red Writ of Challenge (plus prize money boost lv 3) which can easily yield ~500k in ~8 minutes if you've allowed all the trainers to 'refresh', have an Amulet Coin on your lead poke and rush through as many trainers as possible with two prize money boost lv 3 activations.

Edit: As for discounts, the 2 star restaurant ended up giving me a 1500 discount - I can't confirm why though. I thought it might be because I had done a perfect clear of the triple battle, but doing the same in the three star restaurant yielded no discount.

Really don't think it is based on style for the discount. It seems repeated entries is the way to go. Well from what I have seen with the 3 star restaurant, raising my style didn't do much, but after competing a lot of rotation battles just to level up my newly bred pokemon, and getting around 200 balm mushrooms, I now need to pay only 90k.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#10DoctorPiranha3Posted 10/23/2013 1:26:04 AM
how do you even get into sushi roller
---
That's no way to talk to somebody as good-looking as me! - Barter Bear