This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Super training or old method for EV training?

#1CrayonmuffinPosted 10/21/2013 7:13:07 PM
Saw this video, not sure how well it really works and you have to have stuff to do it, but looks good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HDFZK6wlNs

Question from me is, is super training really optimal for actually increasing stats or is the old way the better way?

Also is it better to supertrain/EV train Pokemon before they're evolved or after? Or does it even matter? I did it in previous games without ever giving it thought.
---
The hardest argument to refute is silence.
#2b_couch50Posted 10/21/2013 7:14:20 PM
I prefer super training. ive been the old method for years and it has never been as fast as super training. i can max out a pokemon ev's in 10-15 mins
---
FC: 2423-2315-4293
#3rapacioushoboPosted 10/21/2013 7:14:38 PM
honestly hordes with the power items are probably faster than super training.
---
i5 3570k | Asrock b75 pro3 |4gb gtx 760 | 8 GB DDR3 1600MHz | Antec 620W | 1 TB HDD | Cooler Master elite 431+
One more drink at the Sunk'n Norwegian
#4NessEggmanPosted 10/21/2013 7:15:19 PM
You can EV train whenever. It doesn't matter your level, evolution, whatever. Stats are not "boosted" on level ups or evolutions, they're just recalculated based on four parameters:

Level
IV
EV
Species base stats

And doing it the "traditional" way is FAR faster and less tedious than ST. Only do ST if you think the minigame is really fun or something.
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
3DS FC: 2750 1911 5515
#5NessEggmanPosted 10/21/2013 7:16:09 PM
b_couch50 posted...
I prefer super training. ive been the old method for years and it has never been as fast as super training. i can max out a pokemon ev's in 10-15 mins

Please explain your exact method because that seems virtually impossible, given the way it works.
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
3DS FC: 2750 1911 5515
#6SaintparaPosted 10/21/2013 7:17:02 PM
It doesn't matter when you do it if you Super Train, though classic EV training may be easier with some oomph unless you just Exp Share it. I find Super Training easier early on, but once you get power items and Pokerus, Horde Farming is FAR superior. I don't care how amazing anyone thinks Super Training is, I can pull like 50 Speed EVs in the time it takes your first balloon to inflate. I've maxed out speed in less than 5 minutes using a horde.
---
Plothooker - www.plothook.net - Get Hook'd
"Is there a barista in here? Because this roast just got DARK!" - Andy Samberg
#7TewlsyPosted 10/21/2013 7:19:19 PM
The traditional method is faster than ever with the introduction of hordes. Just need the corresponding power item and pokerus as always and you'll breeze right through just about every stat in no time. I don't care for super training at all, honestly. Don't care how efficient it is, just can't stand it.
---
3DS FC - 1005-8503-9553
PSN - Tewlsy
#8Crayonmuffin(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2013 7:19:41 PM
I might try the horde way when I have the stuff. No idea when I'll have a pokerus or anything like that any time soon though -_-
---
The hardest argument to refute is silence.
#9Xigbar777Posted 10/21/2013 7:22:04 PM
Personally, I find the Super Training to be alot more convenient and engaging than regular EV training ever was.

A bit slower? Yeah, but only a bit. At least I'm not bored out of my skull. And at least it makes it really, really easy to keep track of your EVs. Plus you're alot less likely to accidentally screw up your EV training.. Plus plus, the reset bags are a nice way to redo a Pokemon if you DO somehow screw up. Plus plus plus, you can do it wherever you want, whenever you want. No preparation needed.
---
I'm a soldier in the war against fanboys. My only weapon? Reason.
Pokemon X FC - 0447 6354 6600
#10b_couch50Posted 10/21/2013 7:24:56 PM
NessEggman posted...
b_couch50 posted...

Please explain your exact method because that seems virtually impossible, given the way it works.

depending on what pokemon you use, depends on how fast you move/shoot the ball apparently. the last couple pokemon ive trained have been fast. what i do is. ill use my scizor as an example

1.) use vitamins.. 10 protein and 10 cargos

2.) do attack mini game.. now from the start (due to the 200 ev's he already has from the vitamins) i do about 110 damage with the soccer balls.. so i charge up the balls and do over 300 damage when i hit the balloons. the goal for this mini game is 2000 or 2500 (i dont remember lol) points.

3.) i do this mini game about 6 times in a row (72 evs) then use the punching bags i get, (usually i get 4 large and 2 meds.. thats 56 evs) 72+56=128+100=228.. finish up the rest of the ev's.. remember the more ev's you get, the more points your soccer ball does. ive done the attack mini game in 10 secs.. i can screenshot this.. my average is 15 seconds though

4.) then i move on to speed, same routine.. speed mini game i can do 12-15 seconds easy

apparently each pokemon behaves differently in super training.. my goodra moved really slow and the balls fired very slowly towards the nets.. but scizor shot the balls as fast as a bullet.. so for goodra, i used my scizor to get a whole bunch of punching bags for my goodra.. so thats how i did my goodra
---
FC: 2423-2315-4293