This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone else too shy to use game chat?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Anyone else too shy to use game chat?
3 years ago#21
Seto_Ryu posted...
My girlfriend has been teaching me to speak Farsi, so I usually just screw around with people by practicing that.

This is why I don't use game chat.
3 years ago#22
I'm not shy I just plain don't want to talk to strangers. I have used it a few times with people that I know aren't weirdos but the quality is **** anyway.
Blah.
3 years ago#23
awoody17 posted...
Seto_Ryu posted...
My girlfriend has been teaching me to speak Farsi, so I usually just screw around with people by practicing that.

This is why I don't use game chat.

lol
Crap, I edit a lot.
Sometimes even serious times have their funny moments: http://puu.sh/2Su65
3 years ago#24
Nobody asks me to use it unless they're weirdos who think I'm actually a girl. Then they leave when they hear my voice.

Pretty funny, honestly.
i7-3970x Extreme 4.7GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX Titan x2 | Samsung 840 EVO 1TB SSD x2 | WD Black 4TB HDD x2 | G.Skill Trident X 24GB DDR3-2800 | ASRock X79 Extreme11
3 years ago#25
Ok, the game doesn't ask me to use game chat with passerbys. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO CREEP ON GIRLS NOW?!
3DS FC: 1891-1230-9741
3 years ago#26
I wouldn't mind using game chat. I use it when I battle my co-workers over the internet.

But it's irritating as hell to be doing a trade and all the other person wants to do is offer up caterpies or weedles or some other junk pokemon.
Gamertag: Dave DNasty
3DS Friend Code: 1547-6192-9092
3 years ago#27
SlimeStack posted...
I'm not shy I just plain don't want to talk to strangers. I have used it a few times with people that I know aren't weirdos but the quality is **** anyway.

This. It's the exact same problem the DS had.
"Many of you feel bad for this lamp...That is because you're crazy.
It has no feelings! And the new one is much better." (IKEA's Lamp commercial)
3 years ago#28
I used voice chat once during a trade in the fourth generation. I was trading a valuable shiny to someone for a shiny Kangaskhan. When I examined it through my game, it was clearly a hack. Impossible. So, I politely explained to the gentleman why I would not be trading with him. What was I met with?

Whining.

He whined on through the voice chat about how I have to trade him with scattered pleases and the like. Yeah, I never did that again. Chalk it up to lesson learned.
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
4227-1617-5338 Safari:Audino/Lillipup/Chansey
3 years ago#29
I haven't been asked to game chat yet, but if I did I would probably say no out of shyness too.

On a somewhat related note, the very first "acquaintance" I ever got, some guy from Ireland, immediately changed their message to say I was hot. Needless to say, I got creeped out and removed him.
3DS FC: 4940-5432-8153
Pokemon Y Friend Safari: Normal: Teddiursa, Mincinno, Eevee
3 years ago#30
I'm too shy and i don't want people to hear my bad accent.
I'm tired of everyone I know, of everyone I see, on the streets and on TV.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Anyone else too shy to use game chat?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived