This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How soon before a new game's pokemon get placed in tiers?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. How soon before a new game's pokemon get placed in tiers?

User Info: Diabeetuz

Diabeetuz
3 years ago#1
I never cared about the metagame or anything like that before so I'm not sure how long after a game is released, they get placed in official tiers.

I know no one knows the exact date or anything, but realistically speaking, a few weeks, months, a year plus?
PSN: Diabeetuz
3DS FC: 4742-5797-8932

User Info: Fierce_Deity777

Fierce_Deity777
3 years ago#2
All I remember is that it took quite a while for the B/W tiers to be set up.

Edit: I wouldn't say a year. But the time span you're looking for is probably measured in months.
R - Official Slowpoketail Vendor
Official Mawile of the Pokemon Boards.

User Info: ayashiboi

ayashiboi
3 years ago#3
ppl already have been putting them into tiers as soon as their BST was announced/predicted.
Not all of them have been tiered (lol carbink), but that's because just from a first glance you can tell it'll be in a lower tier.

User Info: Jaricko

Jaricko
3 years ago#4
Some of my predictions.

Aegislash for Uber or OU. Even with the weakness to taunt. I really cannot see it going any lower then this. Doublade might be UU. Greninja is basically like a special water version of infernape ( low defenses but high speed and attack stats ) so I am guessing hes probably OU as well and i assume most people will use its secret ability.

Not really sure how they will handle Mega's yet. Quite a few of them are at least as good as uber category pokemon.
Jaricko - Official Venustoise of the omniverse / bacon in the fridge for all those who cry out in hunger of the Gamefaq's 3ds boards.

User Info: Fierce_Deity777

Fierce_Deity777
3 years ago#5
Jaricko posted...
Doublade might be UU

You clearly haven't faced evolite doublade. Or at least not a good one. that thing is still a monster.
R - Official Slowpoketail Vendor
Official Mawile of the Pokemon Boards.

User Info: SorceressTharja

SorceressTharja
3 years ago#6
Tbh, I think preliminary tiers for the Pokemon should be set up simply via theorymon and then the usage will settle the tiers in like 2-3 months.

User Info: Jaricko

Jaricko
3 years ago#7
Fierce_Deity777 posted...
Jaricko posted...
Doublade might be UU

You clearly haven't faced evolite doublade. Or at least not a good one. that thing is still a monster.

I was actually using one for ages. Its pretty good but unlike aegis, its mostly just physically defensive and it really needs that swords dance to function. I was pretty hesitant to evolve it for a while. I did not evolve it til 66 or so. People were managing to beat it occasionally while battling people online but in singles so far, i have seen very few who can handle aegislash.
Jaricko - Official Venustoise of the omniverse / bacon in the fridge for all those who cry out in hunger of the Gamefaq's 3ds boards.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. How soon before a new game's pokemon get placed in tiers?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived