This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How soon before a new game's pokemon get placed in tiers?

#1DiabeetuzPosted 10/22/2013 10:53:59 AM
I never cared about the metagame or anything like that before so I'm not sure how long after a game is released, they get placed in official tiers.

I know no one knows the exact date or anything, but realistically speaking, a few weeks, months, a year plus?
---
PSN: Diabeetuz
3DS FC: 4742-5797-8932
#2Fierce_Deity777Posted 10/22/2013 10:56:36 AM(edited)
All I remember is that it took quite a while for the B/W tiers to be set up.

Edit: I wouldn't say a year. But the time span you're looking for is probably measured in months.
---
R - Official Slowpoketail Vendor
Official Mawile of the Pokemon Boards.
#3ayashiboiPosted 10/22/2013 10:56:22 AM
ppl already have been putting them into tiers as soon as their BST was announced/predicted.
Not all of them have been tiered (lol carbink), but that's because just from a first glance you can tell it'll be in a lower tier.
#4JarickoPosted 10/22/2013 11:05:37 AM
Some of my predictions.

Aegislash for Uber or OU. Even with the weakness to taunt. I really cannot see it going any lower then this. Doublade might be UU. Greninja is basically like a special water version of infernape ( low defenses but high speed and attack stats ) so I am guessing hes probably OU as well and i assume most people will use its secret ability.

Not really sure how they will handle Mega's yet. Quite a few of them are at least as good as uber category pokemon.
---
Jaricko - Official Venustoise of the omniverse / bacon in the fridge for all those who cry out in hunger of the Gamefaq's 3ds boards.
#5Fierce_Deity777Posted 10/22/2013 11:07:07 AM
Jaricko posted...
Doublade might be UU

You clearly haven't faced evolite doublade. Or at least not a good one. that thing is still a monster.
---
R - Official Slowpoketail Vendor
Official Mawile of the Pokemon Boards.
#6SorceressTharjaPosted 10/22/2013 11:07:20 AM
Tbh, I think preliminary tiers for the Pokemon should be set up simply via theorymon and then the usage will settle the tiers in like 2-3 months.
#7JarickoPosted 10/22/2013 11:11:25 AM
Fierce_Deity777 posted...
Jaricko posted...
Doublade might be UU

You clearly haven't faced evolite doublade. Or at least not a good one. that thing is still a monster.

I was actually using one for ages. Its pretty good but unlike aegis, its mostly just physically defensive and it really needs that swords dance to function. I was pretty hesitant to evolve it for a while. I did not evolve it til 66 or so. People were managing to beat it occasionally while battling people online but in singles so far, i have seen very few who can handle aegislash.
---
Jaricko - Official Venustoise of the omniverse / bacon in the fridge for all those who cry out in hunger of the Gamefaq's 3ds boards.