This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So... Hoenn remake confirmed.

#51Mattata5Posted 10/22/2013 3:05:18 PM
Sloth9230 posted...
Mattata5 posted...
NewMoonShadow posted...
Mattata5 posted...
The only reason I can think of that they'd remake Gen 3 is that it's the only generation that is difficult to trade from, since it requires a DS or DS Lite. FireRed and LeafGreen are the same, but if you look at the fact that Mewtwo and the birds are all in X/Y, everything else is pretty commonplace. (There's also the addition of Kanto to HG/SS, which further strengthens that theory)

Obviously a Gen 4 remake isn't going to be expected since they're already on DS, so all that's left is RSE. It'd be a great investment for Nintendo and would solidify that every generation gets solid trade coverage.

But it's still possible to trade forward from Ruby and Sapphire (I actually have many of the Pokemon I caught in Ruby on my Pokemon White cart), it was virtually impossible to trade forward from Gen 1 or 2 until the remakes regardless of what systems you owned, which I think was the core reason they bothered with the remakes in the first place. Remaking the GBA games would just be frivolous.

I may be reaching a bit, but I'd imagine that Nintendo doesn't expect everyone to still have an original DS/DS Lite. I know I don't, I traded it in for the bonus cash when the DSi was released.

Nintendo is all about pleasing their customers, and I don't think it's even possible for them to end up in the red from a Pokemon game. (Plus, Emerald is still my favourite game. I want this to happen, and thus it shall)

That's not how it works...

It's like people on the internet are immune to blatantly obvious jokes.
#52Sloth9230Posted 10/22/2013 3:06:26 PM
Mattata5 posted...
Sloth9230 posted...
Mattata5 posted...
NewMoonShadow posted...
Mattata5 posted...
The only reason I can think of that they'd remake Gen 3 is that it's the only generation that is difficult to trade from, since it requires a DS or DS Lite. FireRed and LeafGreen are the same, but if you look at the fact that Mewtwo and the birds are all in X/Y, everything else is pretty commonplace. (There's also the addition of Kanto to HG/SS, which further strengthens that theory)

Obviously a Gen 4 remake isn't going to be expected since they're already on DS, so all that's left is RSE. It'd be a great investment for Nintendo and would solidify that every generation gets solid trade coverage.

But it's still possible to trade forward from Ruby and Sapphire (I actually have many of the Pokemon I caught in Ruby on my Pokemon White cart), it was virtually impossible to trade forward from Gen 1 or 2 until the remakes regardless of what systems you owned, which I think was the core reason they bothered with the remakes in the first place. Remaking the GBA games would just be frivolous.

I may be reaching a bit, but I'd imagine that Nintendo doesn't expect everyone to still have an original DS/DS Lite. I know I don't, I traded it in for the bonus cash when the DSi was released.

Nintendo is all about pleasing their customers, and I don't think it's even possible for them to end up in the red from a Pokemon game. (Plus, Emerald is still my favourite game. I want this to happen, and thus it shall)

That's not how it works...

It's like people on the internet are immune to blatantly obvious jokes.

As you just proved, yes, they are.
#53JarickoPosted 10/22/2013 3:07:10 PM
Mattata5 posted...
NewMoonShadow posted...
Mattata5 posted...

I have a habit of selling all my old systems once I get a new one. Usually to people i know ( gamestop would probably give me 20 - 25 $ for the systems if i am fortunate ). When i got my 3ds ordered in the mail it was around christmas time and so i offered up my 3ds lite for 50$ for my nephew for christmas. The 3ds was in pretty good condition ( I am not too fond of touch screen games so i only rarely use it ) so i figured it was a fair trade.

Had I not done that, i probably would still have it.
---
Jaricko - Official Venustoise of the omniverse / bacon in the fridge for all those who cry out in hunger of the Gamefaq's 3ds boards.
#54MisterMyster614(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2013 3:49:54 PM
FuneralCake posted...
MisterMyster614 posted...
I fully believe they have a remake in the works right now, and the evidence and inside and out of X and y suggests that it be Hoenn.

There is no evidence, though. You're just selectively using dialogue from the game to support your idea while ignoring everything else.

Yes, many regions have been referenced throughout the course of this game, and many other games have referenced other regions, and that's exactly why I'm thinking too on the information and odds that exist outside of the games. I'll concede with no argument that this is speculation and thinking back, I should have labelled it accordingly, but what I saw and am seeing is outstanding that Hoenn will be the next region we revisit. And anyway, this is a gaming forum for people to get together and discuss games or whatever else there's a board for, for fun. It's fun to daydream about new Pokemon games. :)
---
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3307-9497 PM me if you add me.
Pokemon X Friend Safari: Bug type w/ Combee, Beautifly, and Pinsir!
#55tuttiPosted 10/22/2013 4:10:19 PM
Professor Sycamore mentions Kalos a LOT! XY remakes confirmed?
---
3DS friend code: 5386-7979-9957 - Mienfoo, Hariyama and Throh.