This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can defog be transported to Black/White through HG/SS? Given it's recent buff...

#1ClassyOldHatPosted 10/22/2013 2:44:12 PM
The most relevant boards are dead/dying, and besides, the recent buff to Defog in this generation means it is still somewhat relevant here, as the answer affects what can and cannot learn it.

Anyway, after finding out that Defog now acts like Haze for hazards/screens, I figured I'd look over what could learn the move in Black and White, and found the number to be pretty disappointing, especially with so few good users.

Then I remembered that Defog is only a TM in DPPt, meaning that in HGSS, the "no HMs between generations" restriction may not apply. I don't have the means to test this at the moment, however. If anyone does, feel free to let me know if it works or not.
#2ClassyOldHat(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2013 3:07:49 PM
Bump.
#3Noble-HeartPosted 10/22/2013 3:11:49 PM
Defog was a HM in Dia/Pea and platinum but not in the johto games. So you can over rule the Hm status by trading sinnoh pokemon with defog to the johto games.
---
Official Crystal of the Pokemon X and Y board http://www.zerochan.net/1139202
#4ClassyOldHat(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2013 3:42:13 PM
Noble-Heart posted...
Defog was a HM in Dia/Pea and platinum but not in the johto games. So you can over rule the Hm status by trading sinnoh pokemon with defog to the johto games.

Thank you. Guess I have some reason to go back and train a few fliers in DPPt then.