This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you feel about nicknames?

• Topic Archived
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. How do you feel about nicknames?
3 years ago#1
Personally, I can't stand them. There's nothing I hate more that doing a Wonder Trade and getting a Pokémon with some doofy sounding nickname. Even worse is when I'm on the GTS and looking for a specific Pokémon and the only viable one has a nickname. I get why people nickname their Pokémon. It's fine if you plan to keep them for yourself, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't want to get a Pokémon in a trade with an annoying name that you are stuck with. The situation is made even worse if it's a Pokémon you can't breed.

Your thoughts?
3DS:1547-5206-2758
The Earth without art is just "Eh"...
3 years ago#2
Nicknames are a lot of fun, so long as the name isn't something stupid.

I can understand disliking stupid names, but if you don't like the nickname, just breed it and release it. Problem solved.
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
3DS FC: 3437 - 4335 - 3104
3 years ago#3
I nickname every Pokemon I catch or hatch, and I think it's annoying/upsetting when I receive a Pokemon through trade that hasn't been nicknamed. You're stuck with the name even if they haven't been nicknamed too so it works both ways.
Get new Kirby's Pinball Land for Game Boy and we bet you won't go "ppbbtthh!"
3 years ago#4
One word:

Kinniekins
"I'd rather die tomorrow as myself, than live forever as someone else." - Blues, DLN: 000
Have a Wii U, getting a PS4.
3 years ago#5
Nicknames are really dumb. I don't want your ****ing dude named Fred or some ****. **** off

It's really "nerdy" or "loser"ish.
XBL: Edge4o7
3DS FC: 0774-5549-6514 http://i.imgur.com/2XE78U0.jpg
3 years ago#6
not nicknaming your pokemon is like getting a dog and just calling him dog.
PSN - Lord_Ka1n
3DS FC - 2680-9921-1203 - Feel free to add, pm me so i can get you back
3 years ago#7
I hate them with a passion and I could get the best looking shiny from a Wonder Trade. If its nicknamed I would have to put it back in as I hate nicknamed Pokémon.
GT: Ayumi Spender || PS0: 4597 9585 4793
Only talk to me when I order you to. 3DS: 2921 9091 2567
3 years ago#8
I love nicknames. It shows what kind of trainer has the pokemon.
I always get sad when people don't name their pokemon I mean they're supposed to be like a type of pet to you right?
Do you just call you dog "Dog" or something? (i mean..........i do.......to joke around but she does have a proper name too)

I never try to give joke names, even when I name them on the spot and can't think of anything "good". It still gets a name.

Like all the non-shiny Eevees that I'm whisking through Wonder Trade all get nicknames.
3 years ago#9
Through wondertrade I had a Dragalge named "USEDCONDOM". I also had something crappy named "my peeeeee." I personally don't mind nicknames but they really need to be changeable for these situations.
Xbox Live Tag = King of Schemes
3DS Friend Code = 1650 - 1775 - 7163
3 years ago#10
Lord_Ka1n posted...
not nicknaming your pokemon is like getting a dog and just calling him dog.

You can name it and not nickname it.
GT: Ayumi Spender || PS0: 4597 9585 4793
Only talk to me when I order you to. 3DS: 2921 9091 2567
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. How do you feel about nicknames?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived