This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you feel about nicknames?

#21IvyXPosted 10/22/2013 5:19:00 PM
Infernisle posted...
Milleyd posted...
I actually like the unchangeable nicknames through trades... it lets the Original Trainer always have a little piece of their personality/self in the Pokemon :)

If the Original Trainer had a personality worth saving, then it wouldn't be a problem. Sadly Wonder Trade is full of douchebags.

My first ever wondertrade I got an Inkay with a highly inappropriate nickname (I was more upset about the principle of it all than the nickname. I mean really, what if some poor 8 year old got it? Parents are already paranoid about online interaction as it is). So yes, Wonder Trade is full of douchebags.

I don't nickname my pokemon because I DON'T want to leave such a permanent mark on the pokes. I mean, just having my name there as OT is good enough for me. Nicknames bother me (I always just use them as breeders and make my own) so I don't do it to other people lol.
---
Trainer: Ivy White: 0304 0809 4221 Black 2: 3010 5929 3972 PokeX: 2535 3638 4438 I breed Starters. HM: Ask
#22X_Ayumi_XPosted 10/22/2013 5:22:01 PM
Milleyd posted...
I actually like the unchangeable nicknames through trades... it lets the Original Trainer always have a little piece of their personality/self in the Pokemon :)

Until it's released back into the wild and it has no name no more.
---
GT: Ayumi Spender || PS0: 4597 9585 4793
Only talk to me when I order you to. 3DS: 2921 9091 2567
#23Noma9Posted 10/22/2013 5:22:22 PM
Lol, just had this discussion with my brother. I ALWAYS nickname when given the choice, even when I know I'm just gonna trade it away. That said, I don't do trolly nicknames, though I'm sure not everyone is going to be happy with a male Jigglypuff named Sir Jiggalot.
---
"No, we're doing this my way. No Google, no fancy textbooks - just six tall cans of Steel Reserve and a copy of the Bible."