This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people hate Gen 3 so much?

#61InfernislePosted 10/22/2013 10:54:55 PM
Beats me. I really liked gen 3. Wouldn't catch me playing it now because I'm the kind of person that thinks every generation is a decent amount better than the one before it, but I don't get the hate.
#62Skull_proPosted 10/22/2013 10:55:12 PM
Why people complain about water? You don't get to spend a lot tinme on water until AFTER the 6th badge, and I'd even say not before the 7th badge, because the route from Lillycove and (what was the name of Tate and Liza's gym, Mossdeep?) was pretty direct. I'm actually glad they did this for a change. Sinnoh barely had water in it, and Unova only had like ONE water route (not counting BW2) and it was completely optional (IIRC it was only good to get Larvesta and one post-game side-quest,)
---
Arguing with TC is like playing chess with a pigeon: The pigeon craps on the table, knocks over your king, and flies away, declaring victory.
#63Xenesis XenonPosted 10/22/2013 10:59:42 PM
Skull_pro posted...
Why people complain about water? You don't get to spend a lot tinme on water until AFTER the 6th badge, and I'd even say not before the 7th badge, because the route from Lillycove and (what was the name of Tate and Liza's gym, Mossdeep?) was pretty direct. I'm actually glad they did this for a change. Sinnoh barely had water in it, and Unova only had like ONE water route (not counting BW2) and it was completely optional (IIRC it was only good to get Larvesta and one post-game side-quest,)

Because the water movement speed is very slow (it's roughly walking speed), navigating it requires 3 separate HMs (dive, surf, waterfall), there's always encounters (unlike land routes where you can avoid or use CUT on grass) and it's populated almost entirely by Wingull or Tentacool.

Couple that with the fact that everything you want to do (side areas, etc) after Gym 6 is a water route and it's pretty easy to see why it irks people.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#64Ivajosh10Posted 10/22/2013 11:34:47 PM
Sorry you can't be a hipster for liking pokemon unless you're an *******. I like what game freak has done to keep this series entertaining, they lost me with BW+BW2 but they did a good job with this Gen imo c:
---
PSN: Ivajosh; GT: Ivajosh90; Steam: Ivajosh
#65teh1337gosuPosted 10/22/2013 11:38:44 PM
Ivajosh10 posted...
Sorry you can't be a hipster for liking pokemon unless you're an *******. I like what game freak has done to keep this series entertaining, they lost me with BW+BW2 but they did a good job with this Gen imo c:

Gen 3 was amazing. All that epic sea, emeralds battle frontier, berries SECRET BASES.
---
Yvan eht nioj