This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My one problem with this game and previous...hms...

#1Bill_BurrPosted 10/22/2013 9:34:58 PM
I've been playing Pokemon since red and blue on my green game boy pocket. Ive played them all and This is IMO the best one since gold and silver(silver is still my favorite).

My one problem is hms... Why oh why do we need hms... I wanna play the game like they intend but I can when one of my pokes has to learn cut or strength. I dream of a day that your Ingame team can be your online team.

Here is my solution. Instead of cut just get a pair of hedge clippers, strength just have any Pokemon that is "large" be able to move them instead of it being a move they have to learn and same goes for surf a d fly. Any water Pokemon and flying Pokemon have those abilitys already and you need a badge for them to listen to you to do them.

Also why do we need fly? It takes me out when a fletchling can carry me. They have teleporters In this world so why not get a portable teleporter like my hedge clipper idea for cut?
#2the_NGWPosted 10/22/2013 9:37:33 PM
Bill_Burr posted...
Ive played them all and This is IMO the best one since gold and silver(silver is still my favorite).

Dat nostalgia blindness.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0344-9443-2457, Newtown Dream Address (AC:NL): 5400-2162-1014
"Do you have the courage to ride with the devil?"
#3MaruKazeryuPosted 10/22/2013 9:40:03 PM(edited)
if I recall, surf and waterfall are the only HMs required to finish the game this generation, and both of those you're more than likely to teach your water pokemon anyway because they're actually useful moves in battle

also, you say gold and silver are the best, yet you forget they made Whirlpool a required HM to finish the game

WHIRLPOOL
---
4639-9811-6534 -Pokemon X/Y Friend Code. PM if you add
Friend Safari: Grumpig, Sigilyph, Girafarig
#4Bill_Burr(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2013 9:39:46 PM
Damn straight it is. Pokemon to me is like a hot bowl of tomato soup that brings me back to my childhood :)
#5agesboyPosted 10/22/2013 9:41:03 PM
MaruKazeryu posted...
if I recall, surf and waterfall are the only HMs required to finish the game this generation, and both of those you're more than likely to teach your water pokemon anyway because they're actually useful moves in battle

I don't even think you need waterfall. I don't remember teaching it to my Pokemon till after the E4.
---
http://i.imgur.com/LabbRyN.jpg
raytan and Kana are on opposite ends of the Awesome Spectrum.
#6Bill_Burr(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2013 9:42:48 PM
I guess I misspoke. I don't know which gen is the best but this one I like the most since gold and silver.

And I've always hated hms no matter what game
#7OldDirtyCRPosted 10/22/2013 9:45:15 PM
I dream of a day that your Ingame team can be your online team.

You can easily delete HM moves by the time you should even consider online battling. So what's the problem?

Surf is great and Strength is pretty damn good at the point you get it. They cut down on the super crappy HMs from older gens.
---
Official husband of Skyla.
#8Bill_Burr(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2013 9:48:28 PM
Wow... Comepletly missing the point I'm trying to make...

Yeah I could have one Pokemon dedicated to hms, I can choose not to use them or retrain the move... BUT MY POINT IS!!! Why do they need to take a move spot in the first place!!!!
#9DuthosPosted 10/22/2013 9:52:27 PM
I always thought the best solution would be to let a pokemon that could learn an hm move use it without actually learning it.
---
My superiority complex is better than yours.
#10Bill_Burr(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2013 9:57:11 PM
Duthos posted...
I always thought the best solution would be to let a pokemon that could learn an hm move use it without actually learning it.

Yes :)