This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is all of the talk about Aegislash?

#1IcyFlamez96Posted 10/22/2013 10:55:57 PM
What's all this hype been about recently?
---
Your life, your choice. 60 seconds.
#2Maverick_ReznorPosted 10/22/2013 10:57:05 PM
recently? as soon as he was announced with his ability and moveset he has been talk of the town.
he is one of the few new pokemon to be OU
---
Making gamefaqs a better place by ignoring 1 ignorant user at a time : )
3DS FC: 1891-1175-6647 Friend Safari: Grass with Swadloon, tangela, Quilladin
#3The_VulcanPosted 10/22/2013 10:58:02 PM
He has crazy high defense\attack with his stance change and can shut down physical sweepers with his kings shield.
---
FC 5300-8787-6520
#4sephiroth1491Posted 10/22/2013 11:00:47 PM
Not to mention it can set up itself so easily and can manipulate the field so easy either using shadow sneak or any other move, basically decide when to attack and when to change stance before or after the opponent having the advantage most of the time.
---
PSN: kon-sama1491 /// 3DS FC: [0103-9731-4393]-[Kon] /// XYSafari: Ice
MH3U: HR125 all solo // W2 FC: 3869-9295-3181
#5kaas00Posted 10/22/2013 11:06:15 PM
idk, found it to be a little gimmicky. not sure (haven't tried it yet) but I think infiltrator bypasses king's shield. with steel no longer resisting dark or ghost, it seems like both chandeleur and spiritomb will be keeping it at bay. too much out speeds it, and with a high prevalence of both fire and ground moves I have a feeling it will probably look OU but really end up as BL or UU. also king shield only works on contact moves, like fire punch. so EQ and earth power will pretty much destroy it, or stab shadow ball and overheat.

it is not a bad poke and I do want to raise one, I just feel that in competitive play it won't be the hero it looks like it could be, particularly with the changes made to abilities.
#6wind64aPosted 10/22/2013 11:08:21 PM
kaas00 posted...
idk, found it to be a little gimmicky. not sure (haven't tried it yet) but I think infiltrator bypasses king's shield. with steel no longer resisting dark or ghost, it seems like both chandeleur and spiritomb will be keeping it at bay. too much out speeds it, and with a high prevalence of both fire and ground moves I have a feeling it will probably look OU but really end up as BL or UU. also king shield only works on contact moves, like fire punch. so EQ and earth power will pretty much destroy it, or stab shadow ball and overheat.

it is not a bad poke and I do want to raise one, I just feel that in competitive play it won't be the hero it looks like it could be, particularly with the changes made to abilities.

The problem with Chandelure is that it will probably die to a Shadow Sneak before getting a single attack off.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. 3DS FC: 3050 8148 9673
#7LightHawKnightPosted 10/22/2013 11:08:29 PM
kaas00 posted...

Since when the hell was there an ability that allows a mon to attack through protect type moves?! Since when?! Never. There is an attack though, Feint, but that is not an ability.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#8SaintparaPosted 10/22/2013 11:10:43 PM
kaas00 posted...

It's a little better off than Electivire. Everyone thought he'd be an OU powerhouse, but that simply just did not come to pass. I think he'll stay OU for the entire Gen, possibly next Gen depending what that brings. I just don't think he'll be what people expect him to be. That said, he's the only Gen 6 original that isn't legendary (I haven't really eyed the legends much) that I think will stand out long term. Megas excluded, of course.
---
Plothooker - www.plothook.net - Get Hook'd
"Is there a barista in here? Because this roast just got DARK!" - Andy Samberg
#9kaas00Posted 10/22/2013 11:11:29 PM
LightHawKnight posted...
kaas00 posted...

Since when the hell was there an ability that allows a mon to attack through protect type moves?! Since when?! Never. There is an attack though, Feint, but that is not an ability.

I think infiltrator does that now, I know it hits through subs so it might go through protect too. kinda makes sense logically, it goes behind walls and such so why not protect/detect?
#10kaas00Posted 10/22/2013 11:17:48 PM(edited)
it has great defense and a neat ability to switch it to attack but it very slow, has pitiful HP to really use the defenses, and has several common weaknesses (fire, ghost, ground, dark). only time will tell what will happen with it.

that said, I think it will do swell on a trick room team