This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is all of the talk about Aegislash?

#11LightHawKnightPosted 10/22/2013 11:17:55 PM
kaas00 posted...
LightHawKnight posted...
kaas00 posted...
idk, found it to be a little gimmicky. not sure (haven't tried it yet) but I think infiltrator bypasses king's shield. with steel no longer resisting dark or ghost, it seems like both chandeleur and spiritomb will be keeping it at bay. too much out speeds it, and with a high prevalence of both fire and ground moves I have a feeling it will probably look OU but really end up as BL or UU. also king shield only works on contact moves, like fire punch. so EQ and earth power will pretty much destroy it, or stab shadow ball and overheat.

it is not a bad poke and I do want to raise one, I just feel that in competitive play it won't be the hero it looks like it could be, particularly with the changes made to abilities.

Since when the hell was there an ability that allows a mon to attack through protect type moves?! Since when?! Never. There is an attack though, Feint, but that is not an ability.

I think infiltrator does that now, I know it hits through subs so it might go through protect too. kinda makes sense logically, it goes behind walls and such so why not protect/detect?

So you are making stuff up cause it does something to something that doesn't have the remotely same effect as the protect type moves?
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#12holy_boltPosted 10/22/2013 11:27:11 PM
LightHawKnight posted...
kaas00 posted...
LightHawKnight posted...
kaas00 posted...
idk, found it to be a little gimmicky. not sure (haven't tried it yet) but I think infiltrator bypasses king's shield. with steel no longer resisting dark or ghost, it seems like both chandeleur and spiritomb will be keeping it at bay. too much out speeds it, and with a high prevalence of both fire and ground moves I have a feeling it will probably look OU but really end up as BL or UU. also king shield only works on contact moves, like fire punch. so EQ and earth power will pretty much destroy it, or stab shadow ball and overheat.

it is not a bad poke and I do want to raise one, I just feel that in competitive play it won't be the hero it looks like it could be, particularly with the changes made to abilities.

Since when the hell was there an ability that allows a mon to attack through protect type moves?! Since when?! Never. There is an attack though, Feint, but that is not an ability.

I think infiltrator does that now, I know it hits through subs so it might go through protect too. kinda makes sense logically, it goes behind walls and such so why not protect/detect?

So you are making stuff up cause it does something to something that doesn't have the remotely same effect as the protect type moves?

Yeah, no. Infiltrator penetrates Protect moves now too. This was confirmed days ago. Crobat is boss again.
---
bolt_thundara, unofficial troll rater of CE.
X FC: 4098 2332 8721 ingame name Bolt
#13kaas00Posted 10/22/2013 11:32:16 PM(edited)
deleted post as above post made it irrelevant. hooray for infiltrator!
#14XolacePosted 10/22/2013 11:41:50 PM
kaas00 posted...

Yes plenty can out speed it but that's a trade off that works well in its favor considering his bulk and high damage.

As for counters...Hell, what Pokemon doesn't have a counter? When a counter comes into play just switch it out. Aegislash isn't meant to tackle everything head on and I feel like everyone believes this to be the case.
#15LightHawKnightPosted 10/22/2013 11:41:53 PM
holy_bolt posted...
LightHawKnight posted...
kaas00 posted...
LightHawKnight posted...
kaas00 posted...

Yeah, no. Infiltrator penetrates Protect moves now too. This was confirmed days ago. Crobat is boss again.

Does it? I see no posts of people talking about it, cause that would be huge news.
---
#16MaruKazeryuPosted 10/22/2013 11:43:26 PM
kaas00 posted...

not entirely true about King's Shield. it blocks ALL damaging attacks, but it only reduces the Attack stat when the opponent makes contact
---
4639-9811-6534 -Pokemon X/Y Friend Code. PM if you add
Friend Safari: Grumpig, Sigilyph, Girafarig
#17Stelman257Posted 10/22/2013 11:47:18 PM
holy_bolt posted...

http://www.serebii.net/abilitydex/infiltrator.shtml

Source for that plz, all I see is Substitute, Reflect, Light Screen and Safeguard.
---
"We have choices. Some people like to stand in the rain without an umbrella. That's what it means to live free."
#18LightHawKnightPosted 10/22/2013 11:49:43 PM
Stelman257 posted...
holy_bolt posted...

http://www.serebii.net/abilitydex/infiltrator.shtml

Source for that plz, all I see is Substitute, Reflect, Light Screen and Safeguard.

Hell if you search infiltrator on this board and you get nothing. If it actually went through protect type moves, it would be HUGE, there would be billions of topics about it. But there are basically none.
---
#19SaintparaPosted 10/22/2013 11:53:37 PM
Xolace posted...
kaas00 posted...

Yes plenty can out speed it but that's a trade off that works well in its favor considering his bulk and high damage.

As for counters...Hell, what Pokemon doesn't have a counter? When a counter comes into play just switch it out. Aegislash isn't meant to tackle everything head on and I feel like everyone believes this to be the case.

That's part of the problem. Too many people expect Aegislash to 6-0 every team it faces. Aegislash is a threat, a major threat but still a threat. You need to be ready for it, but its beatable by a well built/played team. Also, it has to switch-in just like every other pokemon, though it IS rock resistant...
---
Plothooker - www.plothook.net - Get Hook'd
"Is there a barista in here? Because this roast just got DARK!" - Andy Samberg
#20Stelman257Posted 10/23/2013 12:02:52 AM(edited)
Well since we know that Infiltrator bypassing Protect is BS, time to go back and recap!

kaas00 posted...
with steel no longer resisting dark or ghost, it seems like both chandeleur and spiritomb will be keeping it at bay.

Chandeleur gets OHKO'd by Shadow Sneak no prob. If Aegislash gets a single Swords Dance off, they literally can't do anything to it. Spiritomb isn't strong enough to be a real threat.
kaas00 posted...
too much out speeds it,

True that can be a problem, but Shadow Sneak gives priority, and if it can force a switch out with King's Shield or just good matchup, then it can get away with Swords Dance, tank a hit in Shield form, and then hit back with Iron Head or Sacred Sword for huge damage.
kaas00 posted...
and with a high prevalence of both fire and ground moves I have a feeling it will probably look OU but really end up as BL or UU.

"High prevalence" of an attacking type it's 2x weak too don't mean s***. Look at Garchomp.
kaas00 posted...
also king shield only works on contact moves, like fire punch. so EQ and earth power will pretty much destroy it, or stab shadow ball and overheat.

King's Shield still blocks those moves dude (you know, just like protect), so it's a good scouting move that puts him back in Shield mode anyway.
---
"We have choices. Some people like to stand in the rain without an umbrella. That's what it means to live free."