This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fairy types: too many or too few?

#1Burning_Arm2Posted 10/23/2013 1:32:31 AM
What's your opinion on the amount of fairy type pokemon? - Results (173 votes)
It was a horrible idea to create this type begin with! There should have been zero!
7.51% (13 votes)
Too many, for a debut appearance there should have been less. Test the waters a little you know?
2.31% (4 votes)
Just the right amount.
27.75% (48 votes)
Too few! this is the debut of a new type after all!
43.35% (75 votes)
It was a brilliant idea to create this type! Every new pokemon in the game should have been fairy type!
2.89% (5 votes)
I'm mixed. Sometimes it felt like there was nothing but fairys other times I was left wondering where they were.
16.18% (28 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Personally I'm choice #6.
#2VaironGodPosted 10/23/2013 1:34:04 AM
This is the only correct choice: "It was a brilliant idea to create this type! Every new pokemon in the game should have been fairy type!"
---
FC: 2552-0423-5883
#3DoctorPiranha3Posted 10/23/2013 1:34:23 AM
Too few. I mean sure, they're the most represented type this gen, but there's still comparatively few. I feel like there should have been a lot more recons to make older Pokemon more viable and fresh with a new type, such as Mismagius, Vanilluxe, Illumise/Volbeat, etc. Feels like a missed opportunity.
---
That's no way to talk to somebody as good-looking as me! - Barter Bear
#4KillerMechanoidPosted 10/23/2013 1:35:27 AM
How many fairy types are there currently?
#5hyjinx17Posted 10/23/2013 1:36:58 AM
I'm gonna say to few good ones. Other than Xerneas, the only good ones are previous gen pokemon who have been given fairy typing
---
FC 3883-5502-4640. PM if you add me
#6Enix BelmontPosted 10/23/2013 1:37:10 AM
Too many bad ones really. Too few good, IMO.

Florges
Togekiss
Azumarill
Gardevoir

Probably the only 4 I see possibly in OU. Am I missing any?
---
'Come fight beside me,' I said to myself, and although it doesn't make sense, I held my own hand as a small sign of trust, and together I made my defense.
#7BelligeroPosted 10/23/2013 1:42:11 AM
I feel there's a balanced amount in the game now.

Just very few that could be used competitively due to their overall lacking stats.
#8sharazisspecialPosted 10/23/2013 1:57:11 AM(edited)
There is no real physically defensive fairys. It really sucks. Faeries resist fight ,dark, bug and immune to drg. Most of the ou of these types are physical. So they end up 2ohko most of the fairys anyway.

We have enough special walls in the game and we have the freaking fat queen blissey.

However i like that it bumped up some pokemon who deserved it. Psychics got a buff too since most of them learn dazzle.
---
"With only laughter can you win"
add me 3ds fc 0447-6293-3999 for pokemon x/y safari. Send a pm if you are not added
#9Lucis_FerrePosted 10/23/2013 2:05:11 AM
Let's see, we have...

Cleffa/Clefairy/Clefable
Igglybuff/Jigglypuff/Wigglytuff
Mime Jr. (I think?)/Mr. Mime
Azurill/Marill/Azumarill
Togepi/Togetic/Togekiss
Snubbull/Granbull
Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir/Mega Gardevoir (Since a lot of Pokes change type on evolution I'm counting it separately)
Mawile/Mega Mawile
Whimsicott
Flabebe/Floette/Florges
Spritzee/Aromatisse
Swirlix/Slurpuff
Carbink
Klefki
Sylveon
Dedenne
Xerneas
Dianice (or whatever that event legendary is called)

So that's what...36 Pokemon?

Yeah, that's a good introduction. Beats Steel and Dark getting like...4-5 each on intro >_> I mean back then Ghost and Dragon were around the same number but that was just as stupid...at least with Ghost anyway. While I'dve liked more variety in the new Fairies (Fairy, Rock/Fairy, Steel/Fairy and Electric/Fairy are the only type combos of brand new Fairies), the large amount of retcons (Psychic/Fairy, Fairy/Flying, Normal/Fairy, Water/Fairy, Grass/Fairy) mean the actual type does have some variety when you're not being fussy and using only new Pokemon.
---
'Success rates are but scientific theory. A brave heart will defy any odds!'
'Don't beg for things, do it yourself or else you won't get anything.'
#10SilverwyrmPosted 10/23/2013 2:06:27 AM
too few with mixed typings that are useable and most are wallers of some sort.
---
3ds friend code: 5086-1083-5381