This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Judge makes me sad

#1NakkaruPosted 10/23/2013 4:31:08 AM
Keeps putting me back to the drawing board. Going through all the Pokemon I've caught and some that I've bred.. only my Dratinis/Dragonite and Metangs are superior, and a singular Eevee I got from a trade that is outstanding. :( My poor 'mons just don't cut it despite tearing through Kalos.

Makes me nervous about trying to push through the Maison Supers with what I've got. Guess I'll need to really do some serious breeding. I kind of want to pair up a Doubles team with a Goodra and a Klefki trolling with Prankster, though unsure of what I'd use for sweeping (kind of want to put Volt Switch on my Jolteon, but he's not dynamic enough with his moveset yet). Could be fun if done right.
---
Pokemon X + AC:NL ~ 3668-7694-5178 ~ Slugma, Braixen, and Pansear [Safari]
PM me anytime, especially if you add me! Looking for active, friendly players.
#2Nakkaru(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2013 4:54:14 AM
Sorry, I forgot to add "Am I the only one", "SHINY SDFJDFASDIF" or "Gen ___ sucks because" so people can rehash the same things over and over. :v
---
#3ChicagoTed_Posted 10/23/2013 4:56:13 AM
Well, you pretty much hit the nail on the head. You've got to start breeding.

Sucks, but at least it's much easier this time around. Or, if you're only playing in-game, then don't even worry about it. Battle Maison hacks anyway. ;)
---
FC: 3566-2918-7977 (bunny)
#4Nakkaru(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2013 5:01:33 AM
ChicagoTed_ posted...

Sucks, but at least it's much easier this time around. Or, if you're only playing in-game, then don't even worry about it. Battle Maison hacks anyway. ;)

Thank you for humoring me, at least. :P I just felt like discussing it a bit and maybe wondering if I'm getting too concerned over IVs for someone who has no desire for competitive play outside the Maison/Institute/future fun battles with friends that don't consist of the same Pokemon from a pool of about 15-20. I'm both nervous about the Supers and itching to try some fun strategies to see how trollable the AI is, but I'm not sure just how up to par my team should be.
---
#5ChicagoTed_Posted 10/23/2013 5:13:28 AM
Nakkaru posted...
ChicagoTed_ posted...

Thank you for humoring me, at least. :P I just felt like discussing it a bit and maybe wondering if I'm getting too concerned over IVs for someone who has no desire for competitive play outside the Maison/Institute/future fun battles with friends that don't consist of the same Pokemon from a pool of about 15-20. I'm both nervous about the Supers and itching to try some fun strategies to see how trollable the AI is, but I'm not sure just how up to par my team should be.

I'll put you at ease, then. You are too concerned. ;)

IVs only matter for competitive play. The vast majority of players you'll meet online could not care less about metagaming, and their teams probably consist of their favorite pokemon, or ones they think are the strongest. Battles with friends won't matter either, unless they're breeding/EV training, too, and they'll tell you.

And believe me, not even fully bred and trained pokes will help you with the maison. Those trainers are well-known to use A.I. hax.
---
FC: 3566-2918-7977 (bunny)
#6Nakkaru(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2013 5:21:54 AM
ChicagoTed_ posted...
Nakkaru posted...
ChicagoTed_ posted...

I'll put you at ease, then. You are too concerned. ;)

IVs only matter for competitive play. The vast majority of players you'll meet online could not care less about metagaming, and their teams probably consist of their favorite pokemon, or ones they think are the strongest. Battles with friends won't matter either, unless they're breeding/EV training, too, and they'll tell you.

And believe me, not even fully bred and trained pokes will help you with the maison. Those trainers are well-known to use A.I. hax.

Haha, that's where my desire to troll the AI springs from! Seeing their patterns and messing with them gives me great satisfaction. I guess I should just have fun and try the wacky strategies I want without getting too intense about stats in that case, thank you.
---