This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just gave my Xerneas away in a Wonder Trade and got back a Wobbuffet...

#11ZetshiroPosted 10/23/2013 12:57:58 PM
You put Xerneas in a Wonder Trade.

Wonder Trade.

Hey, at least you didn't get a Bunnelby!
#12Twilight_Sonata(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2013 12:59:41 PM
Not quite sure I get the facepalms. Is it 'cause I sent a legendary? True story, I usually just KO legendaries for the XP because I just really don't care about them, but since you get XP in this game for capturing, I figured I might as well try for it to add it to my Pokedex in case I ever decide I care about that. First try with a Quick Ball.
---
"Amaura's been in my line up pretty much the entire game. Guess I'll start cramming protein down his throat for the next three hours."
- barneyonfire
#13jayman7Posted 10/23/2013 1:01:36 PM(edited)
Twilight_Sonata posted...
Not quite sure I get the facepalms. Is it 'cause I sent a legendary? True story, I usually just KO legendaries for the XP because I just really don't care about them, but since you get XP in this game for capturing, I figured I might as well try for it to add it to my Pokedex in case I ever decide I care about that. First try with a Quick Ball.

It's impossible to not catch Xerneas (if you're playing X).
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#14VergilsGirlPosted 10/23/2013 1:01:29 PM
I take what I get in Wonder Trade, usually evolve it, then send it back on. Gives me a fuzzy feeling that someone is looking at that Alakazam and thinking 'WTF?'...
---
3DS FC: 1134-7838-9821
Official head of the Kansas Assassin's branch for the ACIII boards
#15HereforthepkmnPosted 10/23/2013 1:01:57 PM
LontaBeans posted...
Stupid decision TC. You just encouraged the darn guy. He's gonna keep giving crap now.

Depends. That's only what happened if they're a bad person. If they're a good person, they'll feel bad about it and make an effort to give more awesome stuff.

Or he's a little kid that doesn't understand the full concept of Wonder Trade and takes it as some sort of whacky in game lottery. Either way you didn't lose out on anything if you weren't expecting something major traded in turn. After all GTS is for when you want something, WT is for when you're feeling generous and looking forward to the surprise factor. Plus...pokemiles.
---
3DS FC- 3110-4549-0731, Friend Safari: Shuppet, Phantump, Golurk
#16endgelPosted 10/23/2013 1:02:05 PM

Well, you can't KO him, you are required to capture him for the story.
---
lol!
#17PkmTrainerAbramPosted 10/23/2013 1:02:17 PM
I gave away my first Dialga(random GTS) and Manaphy from Ranger(as a promise) before I ever had the means to clone, and to this day I still don't feel bad about either.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Black 2 Perfect Run(JPN) 649/649 owned, 3 Star Card, Rayman Orgins(Wii)
#18Peachrules14Posted 10/23/2013 1:02:47 PM
I got a Jolly Speed Boost Torchic with 5 max IVs when I sent over a Togepi. With Hustle. :(
---
3DS Code:1332-7829-1699
#19SIrcactusPosted 10/23/2013 1:05:14 PM
At least the TC didn't come here to complain.
---
3DS FC: 1779 0016 5677
XBL Gamertag: Sircactus
#20Twilight_Sonata(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2013 1:08:36 PM(edited)
endgel posted...
Well, you can't KO him, you are required to capture him for the story.

Really? Huh, go figure.

Hereforthepkmn posted...
Either way you didn't lose out on anything if you weren't expecting something major traded in turn.

I really wasn't. Some friends told me I should give ti a try because it's Wonder-Trade Wednesday and apparently a lot of folks use it to unload starters and not-quite-perfect breeding experiments, so I figured it was worth a shot, but no big loss. I also traded away a couple of other things. I did get a Maractus that apparently has absolutely perfect IVs but a totally neutral nature, though, so that's neat.
---
"Amaura's been in my line up pretty much the entire game. Guess I'll start cramming protein down his throat for the next three hours."
- barneyonfire