This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This game is really good. This game is very disappointing.

#51Nnamz(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2013 3:04:01 PM
Rayquaza_is_Z posted...
Nnamz posted...
...which is a real missed opportunity given that each should have their own animations for moves in their moveset.

Get real bruh!
There are over 700 different Pokemon and multiply that by two with each animation. That equals to more than 1,400 which is more than most RPGs

Cool. Let's do more. They came this far.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/Vitavs3DS
#52Skeledon91Posted 10/23/2013 3:13:54 PM
Nnamz posted...
...which is a real missed opportunity given that each should have their own animations for moves in their moveset.

Ye, sure. 700+ pokèmon, afaik pokèmon amie uses different models so 1400+ models, plus the gender differences, alternate forms, shinys, it's quite a bit of models...and you wanna have an animation for each move? I think it's enough they made 2/3 moves animations + faint animation. If you do the math it's probably more than 4000 animations total. And this is for pokèmon ONLY, there are all the other characters and the whole WORLD to make. If they made a differente animation for each move we'd have had the game for 2020....
#53Nnamz(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2013 3:18:15 PM
Skeledon91 posted...
Nnamz posted...

Ye, sure. 700+ pokèmon, afaik pokèmon amie uses different models

So kill pokemon amie and get unique attack animations. Pokemon amie is optional and unnecessary. We've had better pokemon games without it.

The game feels cheap.
---
#54TorchicBlazikenPosted 10/23/2013 3:22:03 PM
Nnamz posted...
Skeledon91 posted...
Nnamz posted...

So kill pokemon amie and get unique attack animations. Pokemon amie is optional and unnecessary. We've had better pokemon games without it.

The game feels cheap.

That would be a waste. Next time they won't have to build Pokemon-Amie from the ground up so they will have more time to make unique attack animations anyway.
#55Nnamz(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2013 3:24:55 PM
TorchicBlaziken posted...
Nnamz posted...
Skeledon91 posted...
Nnamz posted...

The game feels cheap.

That would be a waste. Next time they won't have to build Pokemon-Amie from the ground up so they will have more time to make unique attack animations anyway.

True yeah.
---
#56metalmario404Posted 10/24/2013 6:41:27 AM
Its all personal opinion and expectations really. I played gen 4 and thought it was an improvement, however i played gen 5 and thought it brought absolutly nothing whatsoever to the series and was bitterly dissapointed. Gen 6 less new pokemon yes, but the overworld and graphical overhaul was more than worth it for me: it will get better over time, but compared to last gen, i find it very difficult to complain about
---
3DS FC: 5327 - 2074 - 1128
Town: Mint
#57SouretsuPosted 10/24/2013 6:46:56 AM
Nnamz posted...
In battle, the anmiations are so limited and poor. Generic jump animations are used for many moves like Lick, Megapunch, MegaKick, or whatever. Pokemon only really seem to have 2 attack animations, which is a real missed opportunity given that each should have their own animations for moves in their moveset.

The 3DS is certainly capable of more and I feel that this game only "3D Pokemon" in terms of how it looks, not how it plays or what it could have been.

You... Do understand how much work that would be, right? And that they'd have to do that for multiple moves for over 700 pokemon?

Also, for whatever it's worth, each pokemon seems to have 3 animations, and legendaries have 4.
---
3DS Friend Code: 5455-9401-7637
MH3U: Souretsu
#58SinfullyvannilaPosted 10/24/2013 6:51:30 AM
Kabuto_Y posted...
This game has some serious flaws. In my opinion, it has by far the worst music of the series. The Team Enemy music sounds really generic, gym/E4 battles don't have anywhere near the energy that every previous generation has had, and I think the champion music is the worst we've had to date as well (although Iris's music wasn't much better, it worked better with the battle background, and was still a bit better when just comparing the music itself). While meeting the "friend" characters was neat, by the time I moved beyond the forest the only one I actually liked at all the rest of the game was Serena. Postgame is really lacking outside of the exploration side.

Still like other aspects a lot. Will probably look back on this generation of games as one of my least favorite, but the same isn't true regarding the generation's pokemon.

Seriously? From what I've played all of them except B/W2(though through varying levels of completion), and IMO, this has by FAR the best. Especially Geosenge town. Are you failing to use headphones/earbuds? Those are pretty much necessary for 3DS. It's a world of difference.
---
Also, Chess is a game of skill much like all gameplay only video games. So it is pretty mindless if you think about it.-mtjormitch
#59AxelRipcurlPosted 10/24/2013 6:58:31 AM
A lot of people aren't considering how hard it would be to animate 3D models doing several different things depending on the move they are using. Claiming that each model only has two animations for moves is ridiculous, because that's ~1400 animations, in which after every 2 animations you have to go to another model and figure out that Pokémon's articulation. Also remember Gamefreak is quite a small team, relying pretty much entirely on the sales of Pokémon and a couple of backhanders from Nintendo to keep them going.

People are really not seeing the long game here. Now the 3D models are made, the entire effort can be focused on animating them until we hit the next gen and they can increase the polygon count, which is quite easy when you already have base models to work off.

Also I thought the music was meh till I listened with headphones, and the funky bass blew my brains out.
---
Ploppers.
Pokemon Y FC: 4768-7638-5019 FS: Ice, Cloyster, Bergmite, Spheal
#60SinfullyvannilaPosted 10/24/2013 7:03:09 AM
Yeah, after using headphones on EO4, I've decided to never play a 3DS game without them.
---
Also, Chess is a game of skill much like all gameplay only video games. So it is pretty mindless if you think about it.-mtjormitch