This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

this is the lowest rated pokemon game according to gamefaqs reviewers

#11DarkHeroRavenPosted 10/23/2013 6:46:13 PM
VergilsGirl posted...
Possibly because the gameplay is too easy? Gamefreak literally bent over backwards making it easy to obtain perfect IV pokemon and EV train them, the challenge is kinda gone? I have a nearly level 100 Delphox after a little over a week instead of months?

I wasn't aware making competitive PvP actually halfway accessible was a bad thing. Lv100 has never been difficult, ever.

Relying on the RNG to be very kind to you to get good IVs is not challenge in any way, shape or form.

If anything, I'd say the actual "challenge" of getting perfect IVs is upped, since it requires quite a lot of manual work.
---
http://backloggery.com/RavenTheObsidian
#12mada7Posted 10/23/2013 6:48:18 PM
Meh everyone is entitled to their opinion and personally it's hard to take a review seriously if the person writing won't attach either their real name or face to their review. Doing that gives a certain amount of credibility to it. All these people could be one and the same and are in no way required to play the game they are reviewing. You put your name and face to something and then it can only really be one person even if you use a pseudonym.

Im having fun playing the game and am glad I bought it and if someone can be talked out of playing a potentially great game by an anonymous person on the internet then its their loss
---
Pokemon Black FC = 3396 8733 5419
3DS Friend Code = 5155 - 3829 - 9448
#13TyranidomegaPosted 10/23/2013 6:48:40 PM
So this is what happens when they start listening to they start listening to fan ideas.
---
FC: 3780-9510-1383.
#14AurawhispererPosted 10/23/2013 6:51:17 PM
This is better than Gen 5. That's what matters to me.

Therefore, users review = opinion all day
---
Loving Pokemon X. Best Gen ever created :D
#15Mewtwo_soulPosted 10/23/2013 6:52:07 PM
Brady672_AT_fan posted...
FuneralCake posted...
Who the F even cares who GameFAQs users think? Seriously.

This.

Most Game Faq reviewers are ignorant as far as I'm concerned.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#16Musashi920Posted 10/23/2013 6:52:46 PM
VergilsGirl posted...
Possibly because the gameplay is too easy? Gamefreak literally bent over backwards making it easy to obtain perfect IV pokemon and EV train them, the challenge is kinda gone? I have a nearly level 100 Delphox after a little over a week instead of months?

When the hell has it ever taken months to level to 100?
Even in the old games it only ever took about a week or so to get to level 100.

Also Pokemon games were NEVER hard. I don't know what people are smoking they are nostalgiaing but old pokemon games were never hard to play through...

IMO the streamlined EV training and IV breeding makes it more accessible for people who want to play competitively. Not everyone wants to spend 3months playing like its a full time job just to have ONE "good" team.

If anything this game gets a lower rating because of the lack of NEW pokemon and the weak single player endgame. But with EV & IV training made easier endgame should be online battling anyway.
---
PSN: Keiji86Maeda
Evil thrives on good.
#17NakkaruPosted 10/23/2013 6:55:30 PM
Thank god for 'dem internets, telling us what to do and think instead of doing it for ourselves.
---
Pokemon X + AC:NL ~ 3668-7694-5178 ~ Slugma, Braixen, and Pansear [Safari]
PM me anytime, especially if you add me! Looking for active, friendly players.
#18NavexPosted 10/23/2013 7:01:30 PM
A lot of the too easy whiners are probably just competitive players who enjoyed destroying people in battles that didn't use or know about IV/EVs and with this game making it more accessible they are no longer the indie cool kids they once thought they were.
---
Luke Jaeger's Sleep Terror New Album and Live Show Fund:
http://igg.me/at/SleepTerror Any bit helps, thanks!
#19novs123Posted 10/23/2013 7:02:35 PM
Pros:
Fun campaign (Not as good as BW1, but the whole flare genocide thing was pretty cool)
Mega Pokes (Debatable)
GTS is about 1000x better than previous gens
Free perfect IVs
Least number of extra pokes from any gen (Debatable, I hate trying to catch 600+)
Cool 3d junk!

Cons:
Short post game (No mewtwo dungeon? Looker missions were alright.)
Zygarde. (Life legendary, Death legendary, and ecosystem legendary?)

That's about all I got.
---
3DS fc:5343 8713 4440 (nova)