This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When do you feel the real game starts?

#1TheSteelPhoenixPosted 10/23/2013 2:18:23 PM
Pre or Post Elite 4? - Results (53 votes)
Before beating the Elite 4. The story is integral to the experience! As well as feeling as though you went on a journey.
86.79% (46 votes)
After beating the Elite 4.The essence of Pokemon is collecting and battling Pokemon, you can't do this unfettered pre-E4
13.21% (7 votes)
This poll is now closed.
What do you think?

It's hard for me to decide, because I love feeling like I traveled with my pokemon the whole journey, but also feel like I couldn't really use pokemon as I wanted tell I had all the tools you get after beating the elite 4.
---
Cyber Troopers Virtual-On World Champion
#2VergilsGirlPosted 10/23/2013 2:20:00 PM
The story is the journey, catching them all is just business. the game starts when my MC opens his/her eyes and walks out that door to gain a starter.
---
3DS FC: 1134-7838-9821
Official head of the Kansas Assassin's branch for the ACIII boards
#3Kirby7506Posted 10/23/2013 2:20:06 PM
The real game ends after e4 since there is basically nothing to do after that.

Albeit, I am enjoying filling out the pokedex, but I do not consider that the "real game"
---
Sorry I'm late but I was busy predicting the future. Zen why didn't you predict that you would be late! Because, Shut up.
3DS FC: 3351-5479-8666
#4Solar20xxPosted 10/23/2013 2:20:55 PM
Well there's not really much to do at all after beating the E4 so yeah....
---
Crap, I edit a lot.
Sometimes even serious times have their funny moments: http://puu.sh/2Su65
#5KrentarisPosted 10/23/2013 2:37:44 PM
That depends on what you consider the 'real' game. Although I'm of the mindset that competitive is where most of the substance and challenge is, I'm actually far more casual with regards to how I play and I haven't really battled seriously at all. (Except when I was younger and didn't know what I was doing.) That being the case, I'll go with Pre-, because it's inclusive of everything, and the ingame story is still an experience, even if it's an easy one.
---
"Perfectionism becomes desirable when it stimulates the healthy pursuit of excellence."