This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is the best way to breed Shiny pokemon?

#1Neosephiroth666Posted 10/23/2013 7:08:51 PM
Do you use a Ditto, or another pokemon of the same species? I want a Shiny Garchomp, but I don't know whether to catch another Gible or a Ditto. Also, where do you catch Larvesta? Aside from friend safari, I mean. I keep hearing amazing things about Shiny Volcarona and I want one.:(
---
I love Idoun and am 100% proud of it! If you too are a Idoun believer, copy and paste this into your Sig.
She turned me into a newt!
#2phantom_arcane5Posted 10/23/2013 7:11:38 PM(edited)
Use the GTS and search for Ditto.

Look for any ditto that's Japanese (you can tell by their name)

Trade away whatever the person wants in return and recieve Ditto. (If they're asking for a legendary, don't even bother)

Then find a Gible in your game and breed with Japanese Ditto.

As for Larvesta, not a clue :(
---
Playing: Pokemon X/Gta V
3DS FC: 1864-9726-3773
#3endgelPosted 10/23/2013 7:12:40 PM
There is no difference in probabilities if you use two of the same Pokémon or a Ditto.
---
lol!
#4Neosephiroth666(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2013 7:17:47 PM
phantom_arcane5 posted...

Trade away whatever the person wants in return and recieve Ditto. (If they're asking for a legendary, don't even bother)

Sadly, that's impossible. There isn't a single person on GTS who DOESN'T want a legendary for their Ditto. I found one guy, ONE, who wanted an Eevee. Immediately went to trade, and guess what? The pokemon was already traded. WTF. If it's already traded, why the hell is the pokemon still on GTS?!!
---
I love Idoun and am 100% proud of it! If you too are a Idoun believer, copy and paste this into your Sig.
#5endgelPosted 10/23/2013 7:20:42 PM
Neosephiroth666 posted...

Sadly, that's impossible. There isn't a single person on GTS who DOESN'T want a legendary for their Ditto. I found one guy, ONE, who wanted an Eevee. Immediately went to trade, and guess what? The pokemon was already traded. WTF. If it's already traded, why the hell is the pokemon still on GTS?!!

There is an option to not see people who demands Legendary Pokémon. Activate it and you'll see plenty of people asking for other Pokémon, that's how I got my Japanese Ditto.
---
lol!
#6eyeofodenPosted 10/23/2013 7:22:56 PM
endgel posted...

There is an option to not see people who demands Legendary Pokémon. Activate it and you'll see plenty of people asking for other Pokémon, that's how I got my Japanese Ditto.

TELL ME WHERE THIS IS!!
*shakes poster desperately*
---
Kyle FC: 1220-7324-6503
Pokemon Y version~
#7GeminiWKPosted 10/23/2013 7:24:10 PM(edited)
What if I used one of the newborns and breed it with its foreign parent? will the masuda method still apply?
#8Neosephiroth666(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2013 7:23:59 PM
endgel posted...

??? How?
---
#9GeminiWKPosted 10/23/2013 7:24:28 PM
GeminiWK posted...
What if I used one of the newborns and breed it with its foreign parent? will the masuda method still apply?
#10Aska_RayPosted 10/23/2013 7:25:21 PM
in addition the the Masuda method, you must also sacrifice your first-born to the RNG deity.