This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

fairy should've had more weaknesses

#41hyjinx17Posted 10/24/2013 12:39:06 AM
TutelarSword posted...
oshkoshbjosh posted...
freeze_ray posted...
OK, true, but Mega Mawile's Play Rough is literally more than twice as effective, which is why I forgot about Azumarill lol

Huge Power and access to life orb dude.

Mega Mawile gets Huge Power too.

After the huge Power bonus, Azumarill gets 436 Attack with access to an item while Mega Mawile get 678 Attack. Even with a life orb Azumarill only gets up to 567 (rounding up) Attack.

But you also use up your Mega slot. You can use Azumarill along with any other Mega.

Anyway, Fairy is in no way OP. Fairy has the same number of resistances as Dark, along with 1 immune each and the same number of weaknesses it had last gen. Why weren't you people whining about dark being over powered?

It's because you are used to running Fighting and Bug offensive moves and not Poison and Steel. You are forgetting to pack fairy counters and you are getting beat. Since you got beat it's obviously because the type is over powered and not because it was your fault.

Run Poison Jab on Garchomp. Destroys all fairies trying to switch in. Run Iron head Dragonite. Run Lucario or Scizor with bullet punch. Sludge Bomb Gengar. Stop complaining because you can't handle the type
---
FC 3883-5502-4640. PM if you add me
#42Gameandwatch2Posted 10/24/2013 1:20:10 AM(edited)
I'd either want it to have more weaknesses, or not be resistant to Bug and super effective/resistant to Dark,

I honestly think it should've been effective against Ghost instead of Dark, since the former was already better then the latter defensively.

hyjinx17 posted...
Anyway, Fairy is in no way OP. Fairy has the same number of resistances as Dark, along with 1 immune each and the same number of weaknesses it had last gen. Why weren't you people whining about dark being over powered?

You need to consider what Fairy resists vs. Dark. It's immune/resistant to two of the best attacking types in the game, and resistant to two other mediocre types for no good reason. Their two weaknesses also have bad distribution as coverage moves, are still bad in terms of overall coverage, and the sole Steel type move that's usable by many Pokemon has a terrible power/accuracy ratio.

Dark only is immune/resistant to three uncommon attacking types, and Fighting type moves are everywhere as coverage. On top of this, a number of Psychic and Ghost types that were previously threatened by them can tear them apart with Dazzling Gleam now.

I'm inclined to agree with the statement that the only thing keeping Fairy balanced at this point is how bad most of the Fairy types are in terms of stats and/or movepool.
---
Black 2 FC: 3654-8394-0937
3DS FC: 4511-1815-7291
#43Faust_8Posted 10/24/2013 6:17:52 AM
I'm fine with Dark being weak to Fairy and whatnot since they also buffed Dark by taking away Steel's resistance to them. That's a damn good trade I'd say. It's very easy for Dark (and Ghost) Pokemon to have perfect neutral coverage now since they don't have to worry about Steel anymore.

So I see the Dark type being even better than it was before, not worse.
---
I'm not against religion. I'm against all bad ideas, held for bad reasons, prompting bad behavior.
#44fuzi11Posted 10/24/2013 6:21:55 AM
It is strange that fire isn't super effective against fairy

And I would have hoped that normal would be immune to fairies.

Works kind of both ways
Humans are oblivious to fairfolks and fairies aren't suppossed to interfere in human affairs
#45Ansem_the_evilPosted 10/24/2013 6:24:50 AM
No it need s to have few weaknesses so it can rebalance the meta game
---
My 3DS FC: 1332-7692-1950
AC: New Leaf dream code: 7200-2427-9939
#46FeintragnarokPosted 10/24/2013 6:27:25 AM
freeze_ray posted...
CrescentShadow posted...
Are there any good Physical Fairy type attacks? or any at all?

Play Rough, but only Mega Mawile can really make use of it.

Azumarill disagrees.
#47DigiDude77Posted 10/24/2013 6:31:26 AM
IMO should have been weak to bug, grass, or water.
---
Pokemon SoulSilver: ~*Friend Code: 1462-8550-1166 Name: Fyn*~
Pokemon White: ~*Friend Code: 0647 5616 2276 Name: Myzou*~
#48wellingtonPosted 10/24/2013 6:32:26 AM
hyperdimeduck posted...
It's fine the way it is now.

---
calling all chess fans http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gentopic.php?board=576430
#49SoaringBlizzardPosted 10/24/2013 6:35:31 AM
freeze_ray posted...
The balance is that there are basically no good Fairy types.

Azumarill ?
#50Slayerblade11Posted 10/24/2013 6:54:37 AM
Fairy is a good defensive type but a mediocre offensive type.
---
FC: 0774- 4438 - 6716