This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So apparently Uxie isn't a Fairy-type...

#71reaverzPosted 10/24/2013 9:14:01 AM
What about Glalie? It's in the Fairy Egg Group, and would have as much of a reason to be Fairy type as Mawile.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#72HejiruPosted 10/24/2013 9:17:29 AM
reaverz posted...
What about Glalie? It's in the Fairy Egg Group, and would have as much of a reason to be Fairy type as Mawile.

Well, both Mawile and Snorunt are based on creatures from Japanese mythology, so maybe.
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#73jayman7(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 9:32:08 AM
I don't have time to complete my current test, and won't be able again for many hours. Other people can run tests if they want.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#74FryDays5000Posted 10/24/2013 9:42:50 AM(edited)
Hejiru posted...
FryDays5000 posted...
Hejiru posted...
If Celebi isn't Grass/Fairy it will just serve as further confirmed that GF is ****ing insane. Sure, we'll slap Fairy on random Pokemon like Dedenne, Marill, and Mr. Mime, but a Pokemon that is the absolute essence of a Fairy? Nope.

It would be pretty understandable why they would'nt swap it's Psychic with Fairy. Time Travel has no association with magic but telepathic powers does.

Um... there is TONS of fiction where time travel is magic-based. A time traveling fairy is not at all unusual.
But the main thing is the Celebi is the perfect essence of a fairy. It's incredible fairy-like in design, it has mysterious powers and is a protector of the forest. Everything about it just screams Fairy.

Like which fiction exactly? Fairy Oddparents magically wishing yourself to a different time period? I doubt media this modern is enough to justify this point. Time travel is feasible only if you travel through the speed of light. Its possible that you could use telepathic(or anything else psychic related) powers to enhance the user's speed. They probably wanted to make a psychic creature with powers that could make it's body equivalent to a time machine once it utilizes it's powers within.
---
Freiza may be cool, but his brother is..... COOLER(get it?)
3DS FC:0645-6947-9076
#75HejiruPosted 10/24/2013 9:54:52 AM
FryDays5000 posted...
Hejiru posted...
FryDays5000 posted...
Hejiru posted...
If Celebi isn't Grass/Fairy it will just serve as further confirmed that GF is ****ing insane. Sure, we'll slap Fairy on random Pokemon like Dedenne, Marill, and Mr. Mime, but a Pokemon that is the absolute essence of a Fairy? Nope.

It would be pretty understandable why they would'nt swap it's Psychic with Fairy. Time Travel has no association with magic but telepathic powers does.

Um... there is TONS of fiction where time travel is magic-based. A time traveling fairy is not at all unusual.
But the main thing is the Celebi is the perfect essence of a fairy. It's incredible fairy-like in design, it has mysterious powers and is a protector of the forest. Everything about it just screams Fairy.

Like which fiction exactly? Fairy Oddparents magically wishing yourself to a different time period? I doubt media this modern is enough to justify this point. Time travel is feasible only if you travel through the speed of light. Its possible that you could use telepathic(or anything else psychic related) powers to enhance the user's speed. They probably wanted to make a psychic creature with powers that could make it's body equivalent to a time machine once it utilizes it's powers within.

You're talking about sci-fi time travel. Magical time travel is also common in fiction/folklore and has nothing to do with real world physics.
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#76jayman7(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 10:38:08 AM
Well, I actually can confirm one thing: Meloetta is still Normal/Psychic, not Fairy, in its base forme, at least according to the Global Link.

But that's really genuinely it. No more until this evening.
---
#77Yamato_sanPosted 10/25/2013 3:53:40 PM
The_Sol_Blader posted...
i guess you might as well also test cresselia

Cresselia is still pure Psychic

Which is absolutely baffling, given how many moon related things ended up being Fairy now

Not to mention that she's supposed to have a rivalry with Darkrai, but is at a major disadvantage. A Fairy typing would've worked in her favor.
#78jayman7(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2013 3:57:59 PM
A bump in disguise?

I have nothing new to report since yesterday, BTW, but if Uxie, Celebi, Cresselia (not tested by me but stated by Sol_Blader), and Meloetta are not listed as Fairy-types on the Global Link, I'm guessing that no legendaries (except of course Xerneas) are.

It is still possible that the Global Link is deliberately not updated for legendaries that aren't currently available - I mean, how could we prove otherwise? - but that's kind of a longshot.
---
#79MagikarpRulesPosted 10/25/2013 4:04:34 PM
It's not like if everything GF does really makes sense, I'll say.

Like giving a good physical movepool to Typhlosion, yet its Sp. Atk. is higher than its Atk.
#80jayman7(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2013 4:27:31 PM
BTW, I also don't see any non-legendaries on Serebii's unobtainable list terribly likely to be Fairy-types except Milotic (which I think was already confirmed not to change), Cherubi/Cherrim, Misdreavus/Mismagius (already tested by me), and Finneon/Lumineon (if you're playing the long odds).

Is Lilligant really not a Fairy-type? Even though Whimsicott is? Huh.
---